UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much Chris! Big Grin , the engine yard is now really where it should have been, I will actually be moving the tracks a bit more to make it a more believable engine facility, but that's down the road a ways Wink .

Very excited about my GERN, Wayne is right, it really is the superman of industries Thumbsup , you can use just about any kind of freight cars there...well, probably not autoracks, but.... Misngth .

About 85% of my GERN will be scratchbuilt or kit bashed. I have three pics i'm posting to give you folks an idea of how its going to be, and to see what I am doing :mrgreen: .

None of the tracks are nailed down, I need to get the GERN buildings close to done before I set the track. I am also going to get another switch and place it where the brass switch is that's setting on top of the track, that line will be used for cars waiting to be loaded, boy this GERN will be busy 8-) .

From the back, the last track will be for covered hopper loading/unloading, the FLUX silos are made of PVC, the FLUX Elevator will be scatchbuilt out of Styrene.
The second track will be for loading/unloading boxcars, the main GERN building is there and is a cornerstone background building, I have reworked it and it will be a full size building with the help of styrene Thumbsup . I have an old factory from previous layouts, it will be the old GERN office building for the "pencil pushers" Wink .
The third track will be the tank car loading/unloading track, I have a very small building from past layouts, it will become the pump house, the rest of that area will be scratchbuilt.
The last track I have to put in, but have tracks showing where it goes, is my holding track.

Well, I hope that brief summary helps explain these three pics
[Image: DSCN1111%202_zpsmrtxcdzz.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1113_zpsiqpbg9to.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1118_zpslwn10cla.jpg]

Till next time, stay on track!
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread