UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
BIG LAYOUT UPDATE....on someones layout, not here...yet Misngth .
HOWEVER, i did do a little work on my yard, I wanted to do more but have been doing a bunch of overtime in case we shut down for a bit.

I pulled all the cars out of my yard and was going to finish it, sadly the hobby shops here are not open, and I really needed the coal type ground cover for that area. I have some, but not enough for both the engine yard and the freight yard, since the freight yard is mostly unseen, I opted to save what I had for the engine yard, you'll be able to easily see all of that. 
 What I ended up doing was taking a big jar of black "wash" I use to weather stuff and just coated the whole yard with it. I think for 90% of the yard it will be fine, this saved me time and money and I should have enough ground cover to do the areas of the yard you'll actually see. 
[Image: 0I2n9lo.jpg]

While putting the cars back in the yard I was noticing all the broken hand rails and ladders that needed to be fixed, railing and sunshades etc. on many of my engines too, I really was overwhelmed by it, wow, so much to do. A lot of my stuff is getting old now, and has been moved and stored again several times, it has really taken a toll on the models I have. I bought a bunch of Kadee #5's to put on my engines/cars when their factory couplers break, this year I have replaced so many couplers it isnt even funny, everything is breaking. I will take "fix it" breaks from time to time and start making the repairs needed to get my stuff back in shape.

So anyways, I got my yard "washed", and put all the cars and my UP Executive train put in there. 
 After that I ran some trains, was very pleased to find all my passenger trains ran very well, no problems, that was a plus Icon_e_smile  .
I also took a bunch of random pics, I'll post them below...yes two of them I posted in other threads, but I put them in here too because they are taken here on my layout Icon_e_biggrin  .
[Image: TlhrpeK.jpg]

[Image: wBhOh1z.jpg]

[Image: hDJWjcl.jpg]

I can never get a good shot of this area, its to bad because i really like the RR crossing and it took some work to get this area right, cant tell how nice it is from this pic though. UP #16 in all her faded glory rolls though the grade crossing, she has seen better days...
[Image: wq5hsQD.jpg]

I put this pic in for Steve, we were talking about Kato engines, I told him I had two of them and they were really top notch engines, they ran GREAT. I have a Kato SD40-2, SD90/43MAC, and I totally forgot about the SD38-2 I also have. This shot has the SD40-2 snoot nose on the point with yard engine SD38-2 trailing running a local....
[Image: Pn8jeLn.jpg]

Thats it, till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread