UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Charlie, WOW! Icon_e_surprised , AWESOME IDEA!! The next time I go to Menards here in Beloit, or Farm&Fleet in Janesville I am checking for that, it looks GREAT on your layout, you sold me, Thank you! Icon_e_smile

Thanks Steve, but I just am not happy with closeups in that area. The problem is there is no background distance on that area since its out in the open, no wall on one side of it. As far as good pics go on that area, not gonna happen, just wasted space for that...but looks good if your standing there Misngth .
[Image: bv4I0yw.jpg]

[Image: 7WH4Ve1.jpg]

Thanks so much for the kind words Mike, its the work of you and the others here that drives me to do better Icon_e_biggrin .

.......................................................................................................................
So I was watching one of MANY of the UP layout channels I subscribe to on YouTube today, and out of the blue I decided "hey, I'm going to paint clouds on my backdrop...NOW"  Eek  , well, I have been thinking about it for the last week, but my basement has no ventilation, and I have always airbrushed the clouds on if i didnt go the way of photo realistic back drops. Photo backdrops are just to darn expensive, (for me at least at this time) for the size of layout that I have.

So I ended up trying to brush/wash the clouds in, didnt finish it, but proved to myself I could do a fairly decent job of it. My main problem is the blue I used for the sky is already pretty darn light, so it was a bit hard to get the clouds looking light, didnt want them to look like rain, I have seen that before and it looked Awesome, but i didnt want to go there. I got about 20' done. I was going to take pics of it but ya really cant see it in the pics from afar, I am sure that will show up on closeup shots. 

After I finish the clouds I am thinking about painting in some trees and brush, just to get the back ground out of the way....now that I have started that WAAAAYYY past the time I should have Icon_rolleyes  ....ahhh yes, leave it to me to do everything backwards Misngth  , I do it to myself on EVERY layout I do, just never learn Nope Icon_lol .
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread