UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Charlie, Thanks so much! , for posting that WSOR GP7, great pic!! Applause 
I missed getting any shots of the cool old stuff WSOR ran, I started taking pictures while rail fanning just about the time WSOR decided to run only SD40-2's, GP38's and the 2 MP15's they have.
The very last neat engines they had that I got quite a few pics of was their SD20's, and I did get a few pics of them too, so glad I didnt miss out on them Icon_e_biggrin  .

Wayne, Thank you so much Icon_e_smile  , coming from you, that really means a lot, thank you Worship  .

WELL, I took everything off of about a 10' section on the left side of the layout today, and decided to get to work on it since I cant fix my track as the hobby shops are not open. I need to get the left side going as I am tired of just taking pics on the same sections of my layout, time to get some new area's going to freshen things up a bit. When I laid my track down in that section, for some reason I didnt paint under it, so I took a black "wash" and just painted over everything, it got under the track quite good.
[Image: FnfNsQi.jpg] 

After the black wash had dried i painted the yard areas black, and where the towns edge will be I filled in a couple holes I had there and just painted everything brown. Once I figure out exactly where the roads are going I'll paint those areas gray. 
[Image: l8EDrJS.jpg]

I really considered just taking that area and putting a farm in there, hey, I'm doing Wisconsin, you'd think I would have put a farm on the layout lol! I decided I would put an insinuated dairy farm area at the right back corner of the layout and by doing this I am able to keep the towns edge at the left side of the layout. It will have a furniture store, or something like that, and a courthouse with a small "park" in between them. Off to the right, across the street from the courthouse will be a residential house. A parking area will be by the tracks.
[Image: m4T4Svh.jpg]

After the yard area dried I cleaned the track and kinda put that area back together to give me an idea as to how it will be. I plan on going to Farm&Fleet tomorrow, I am going to look for the black blasting shot Charlie had mentioned a few posts back, should work great in the yard area, looked good on Charlies layout.
[Image: wZGRvMT.jpg]

After doing all the work I was going to on the layout today, I decided to run my SD40T-2's. I really like those tunnel motors, ran them a few times, point to point.
[Image: SBTB4Il.jpg]

[Image: HxLVTJn.jpg]

[Image: hIwM2r5.jpg]

Till next time.....
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread