UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much Steve! Icon_e_biggrin , I have another Rio Grande I'll post here too Thumbsup

Well, another Friday has came and went, been working four tens so it was just the dog and me today, god bless her, she's getting older now, her nose isnt shiny black anymore, its turning light brown, and her muzzle is going gray. She still has her winter coat on, man I need to comb her Icon_redface . Shes got a double plush coat so she always has long thick hair, two seasons with her, shedding, and shedding profusely Misngth  .
[Image: 0vdM3JV.jpg]

Well, I got to work on the layout today! Ever have one of those days were everything is going right, your banging on all cylinders, its like nothing can stop you....well, that was NOT the case today Misngth . It seemed like everything I touched on the layout today went to crap, I almost walked away from it today, but 3/4 of the way through it things finally got better. 

I have a broken large station that I had on Dads last layout, salvaged what I could and thought it would make a good courthouse, that took longer then I had planned to get together right, still have finishing touches to do but I got it to the point I think it will work. After that I weathered the corner building and started making the side walk. I had to add some styrene around the corner building to get it to look right, then add some under the steps so they were not floating in the air. I had some gray for the concrete but thought I should get some more, so I went to Walmart to get some and WOW, ALL, ALL THE PAINT WAS GONE!!! Well, there was about 6-8 bottles of brown but besides that, EVERY COLOR WAS GONE!! WOW!!! Anyways, heres the setup...
[Image: jZVhTjB.jpg]

So I went back home empty handed and just used what I had, I think I have enough to finish it. I put one coat of paint on the sidewalks and the road areas, next I'll scribe each section on the sidewalk so after I put my last coat of paint on it and weather it the sections should show up good. I have a statue, a flag, some bushes and a couple park benches that will go nicely into the "park" area between the corner building and the courthouse. Perhaps I'll get to that still this weekend, we'll see. Heres where I am at now...
[Image: kacxEyF.jpg]

A couple pics, my other Rio Grande, its an SD50...
[Image: GCJyvM6.jpg]

I posted this in the Weekly Photo Fun thread, its an SD38-2 & GP60, both are yard engines running a local...
[Image: kMLA1uu.jpg]

Till next time....
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread