UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much Don, very kind of you, thank you Icon_e_smile .

Well, Last week I left off with my progress on the towns edge ending up as far as this...
[Image: kacxEyF.jpg]

So the first thing I did this week was to cut the separate sidewalk sections into the styrene, then repainted it concrete again and weathered it, WOW, it worked out great, the weathering really made the cracks stand out. Like most things though, you can hardly tell from the pictures. It seems like I really have to over due things to make them show up good in pics, I made that mistake on my last layout, decided I'm not doing it on this one, so hopefully you guys will notice the little things at some time or another in different pics eventually. 

I then grassed in the courtyard park and went to town on doing all the road striping, man that took a long time to do. After finishing the striping, I weathered the Courthouse, then took to weathering the roads. SHEEEW, it dont seem like much writing it, but man I really accomplished a lot, well, I think I did anyways Misngth  . So, heres where I have ended up tonight, NOT FINISHED by a long shot, but further along none the less...
[Image: YsrQELj.jpg]

I wonder whats going on here? Eek (yes, that is a Wisconsin State Trooper car Smile )
[Image: Ljyve5L.jpg]

I have to finish the Courthouse, and for the life of me I cant find the park benches I had for the Courtyard Park, oh heck, TONS more to do, but that will have to be next weeks work Wink .

I ran my Fairbanks-Morse H 24-66 TM4 Demonstrator, point to point a few times today. I have two H24-44's, this one and a CNW, the CNW is an old Athearn BB, the TM4 has QSI sound and lighting effects, its SLAP AWESOME! (I still have TM3 in N scale)

Fun fact: FM TM3-4 were Demonstrators that were sent first to Union Pacific, the UP tested them out for a bit but passed on them, then the pair was sent to SP, the SP ended up buying both and painted them in the "bloody nose" paint scheme, they were then used for passenger service for years. 
[Image: Adx93Un.jpg]

Till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread