UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
ED, Charlie & Tom, Thanks so much for the very kind words guys Icon_e_smile .

.................................................................................................................
Well, I was going to make my "bridges", so I can continuously run trains again, but found out last night my wifes parents are coming over next weekend so I ended up cleaning off the whole top of the layout except for the "bridge" area to be worked on. 
[Image: ol39Pme.jpg]

I then picked up all the boxes off the floor, got rid of a bunch of trash that I acquired from all the projects I have been doing on the layout, and Vacuumed the floor. I never did get to my work bench in the middle of the layout, its shared buy model RRing and also serves as my gun cleaning table, hey, its my "man space" and those are my hobbies, LOL! After all that, and man, that was A LOT! Icon_redface  , I took a look at things, WOW, the layout is looking better with ground cover on everything, I thought. 
Then I realized 11'x18' really isnt all that big, well, not really thinking out things as good as I should have didnt help either, I really could have made better use of the real estate that I had, but its going to work. I seen a lot of layouts that are all packed into city settings, and I really wanted to make the layout based on more rural type settings, though it didnt provide for lots of switching, I tried to get some in to not make it boring. Probably my biggest regret was not doing the yard correctly, that would have made it more prototypical, but wouldnt have provided all the space for cars and engines that I now have, so I traded off for the latter Misngth . 

Anyways, NOT REDUEING  ANYTHING, HA!, NO WAY, but was just thinking about things as I looked over the layout. I then started looking into the "bridge" problem at hand, the whole hinge Idea just wasnt going to work, and my wood that had the 3 tracks on it I was using for the "bridge" area had warped a bit, so I am trying to come up with new ideas for that area, perhaps 3 separate pieces of wood for the crossing? Cripes just not sure yet, something to put some more thought into for sure. 

A few pics I took today posted below....
[Image: jgsJmKL.jpg]

[Image: 5CrGNcJ.jpg]

[Image: 8bFHAuG.jpg]

[Image: C7deyer.jpg]

[Image: pso7615.jpg]

[Image: k2DezkH.jpg]

I just love 3 window SD60M's
[Image: DGVlgaG.jpg]

Till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread