UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Well, I got two of five of my UP SD40-2's done Icon_e_biggrin 
#3401 just needed a sunshade put on it, DONE, as for #3503, I finished fitting all the railings on it, put sun shades on it, coupler cut bar(that I bent the wright way since the pics were taken Icon_redface ) , added hoses and an AC unit, painted the white on the steps, railings, cut bar. Repainted the plow, trucks and fuel tank(also air tanks since the pics were taken) , and the left fron railing I had replaced. I think I am going to blacken out the top cab number boards too. 
Here's a few pics of it...
[Image: qRsNLHd.jpg]

[Image: 5LR7N3r.jpg]

[Image: FnkgcZz.jpg]

[Image: KObXOIJ.jpg]

I feel pretty good about doing that engine up modern now, since my last post here I had researched UP's most current SD40-2's and I'll be darned, unexpectedly I found THREE UP SD40-2's that ARE STILL RUNNING TODAY, that ARE NOT yard engines!!! Eek Honestly, I was expecting to find nothing but yard engines now but NO, at least three of them are STILL ON ACTIVE DUTY! Applause 
To top that off ONE OF THEM....IS A SNOOT NOSE!!! Icon_e_surprised Its #1883, also I noticed ALL the SD40-2's that are still running had the yellow relective stripes, and all of them had AC units on them. 
I am not going to renumber my engines, but at least I know their kind do exist today. Now the only other engine I have that I am going to make "modern" is #3344, and thats a short hood, so all is good! 
SO, the story goes, the Rock Valley Sub is getiing TWO, NEW/REBUILT SD40-2's, and have received one today Icon_e_biggrin  . 

Thats it for now, back to work again on Monday, we'll see what I can get done....TILL NEXT TIME...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread