UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Thanks so much for the very kind comments guys, really, Thank you Icon_e_biggrin . Wayne wrote in his latest thread something to the effect that most of us  are pretty much in this alone, and the end results we get are for our own satisfaction, truer words have never been spoken, NOBODY, has come downstairs to see anything I have done in well over a year, not my wife, son, company or anyone. We love this hobby and do it for our OWN satisfaction anyways. I know I am not a great modeler, but I try my best and do appreciate the encouragement when ya see something you might like Icon_e_smile  .  

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WOW, the last four weeks has totally been about my wife catching up with her family, will be gone for a couple days, heading down to Indiana, like 15mins from Kentucky, CSX country  Icon_e_wink  . 

This once again hasnt gave me much a chance to work on the layout, but I did get my road put back together where I had it tore up to fix the tracks at my "lift out" area, so I did at least get that done Thumbsup  . 
My layout isnt exactly real prototypical in a couple spots, but one thing I can say is my track work is pretty darn bulletproof, and thats nice when it comes to running trains. I dont know about you folks but nothing ticks me off more then having to keep fixing derailments, dealing  with shorts, etc. due to track problems. If your redueing/working on your layout, take your time and make sure everything is running good before you do the scenery, you'll thank your self later, BELIEVE ME. 

I did get a chance to run a train after I fixed the road/rail crossing up. I have an SD60M on point, with an SD50 and Dash 8 following. I really like the three window SD60M's, at one point I really thought the SD60M's would totally take over for the SD40-2s and fill in for the same needs they were used for, but that never ended up happening, I think there is only like two on UP's roster at this time...oh well.   
A couple pics below...
[Image: jmdAlmD.jpg]

[Image: UETbMQf.jpg]

[Image: usu2k0w.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread