UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Went to the hobby store today, secretly had planned on getting a UP GP15, or some Wisconsin Central engine, preferably an SD45 as they ran a lot of those...ended up with neither Icon_cry  . I did however, get some more brush to put around the layout, I need a ton of brush so today helped, picked up another pack of Kadee #5's too.

For some odd reason I have been on a Wisconsin based roads kick lately, have at least one example of all of them except for Wisconsin Central, wish I would have took one of my Dads WC engines before he sold everything he had years ago....for just $250.00! cripes, he really lost his...backside on that deal, oh well, doesnt mean anything now. 

I ran what is probably my favorite Alco's this week, RSD15, its a Green Bay Western...
[Image: sgonB4B.jpg]

FUN FACT: the RSD15 was commonly called the "alligator" due to its unusually long front hood.
Don't know if you folks knew it but GBW was an all Alco road, yep, every engine they had on their roster was an Alco, I always thought that was pretty awesome!

I like Alco's and have a few of them, mostly UP and CNW, but I have two I havent ran in ages, pulled these RS11's out of a box and ran them for awhile. I was really surprised just how well they ran after all these years, well, one is a dummy, but #608 really ran awesome, actually stupendous at very slow, crawling speeds, perfect for switching fun Applause .
[Image: wZLwrtv.jpg]

[Image: EMk4ALo.jpg] 

[Image: L3rGuJb.jpg]

Those engines ran so darn good I ended up putting them on one of the tracks I have designated for the Rock Valley RR Museum, a good place for those old Alco's.

I ran some other stuff this week but didnt get pics of all of it, had fun though Icon_e_biggrin .

I put some of the brush I bought today down in a couple areas, some is in this pic, with the last engines I ended up running this week...
[Image: 9kwyTvM.jpg]

Well, thats really it for this week, till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread