UP SD40-2's NEW Layout
Update on the WC hopes I had in my last post, looking on Ebay this morning i found a BRAND NEW IN BOX, WC SD45!!  Icon_e_surprised Applause Icon_e_biggrin train

The best part/s is its a Kato, they run very well and are really outstanding quality for the money. I have two Kato's that are over 10yrs old that I run a lot, and they still run as good as the day I bought them, one is a UP SD40-2, the other is my UP SD90/43MAC. I am super excited its a Kato, I was thinking all I would be able to find is a friggin Bachman basic, or a Walthers low end engine. The number I bought was WC #6677 and I have found quite a few pics of that engine, everything looks correct on the model. Did I mention I picked this baby up for $85.00...NEW Icon_e_surprised 

I know, ya, I know, "but Deano, you needed that engine like you needed a hole in your head", well, you couldnt be more right Icon_redface Misngth , my logic behind it...
1- I have at least one example engine of all the Wisconsin based roads except for WC(odd I didnt have one because they were right where WSOR is now in Janesville) , and with this engine it will complete that goal.

2- Its an SD45, I dont have an SD45 on the layout and WC had and ran a lot of SD45's, so that makes it a plus. (I do have a basket case SD45 UP but its an Athearn BB and is missing so many parts, not good quality either)

3- This will make a nice added leased power engine to put in with consists. I have seen a lot of odd stuff that WSOR has leased, if I put RJ Corman on it or WAMX or something it would really fit right in, but I am not going to do that, I will leave the paint as is and just run it as leased power, most likely on my WSOR runs Icon_e_biggrin .

It really came down to two engines, the SD45, or I also found a WC Kato SD40-2. The SD45 does NOT have the cool front hood paint scheme, thats the only down side, the paint scheme is correct for that road number, but not the cool front scheme. The SD40-2 did have the cool front paint scheme, but was $44.00 more, not including shipping. SO...since WC had a lot of SD45's, and I really dont have any usable ones, and the cost was darn near $50 bucks less, I went with the SD45 without the cool front paint, seemed worth it to me, all things considered.

I'll post pics when I get it Icon_e_biggrin ....till next time...
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]

Messages In This Thread