A "historic" project ...
... on its way for finishing!

Long time, near to ten years, this old coal tower project waited for continuing.

[Image: ctower_26k.jpg]

This was the last condition as a friend sold his US-modules with a planned steam loco museum and changed to British modeling. With this the need of finishing the coal tower was lost.
But now, some months ago our friend's group of US modelers here in the area could acquire these modules and the former station awake now to new life including the railroad museum with the coal tower. The work could start again! And here are some pictures of progress.

[Image: ctower_28k.jpg] Compleating the stair ways.

[Image: ctower_31k.jpg] Adding handrails.

[Image: ctower_36k.jpg] An overview about the coal tower.

[Image: ctower_37k.jpg]

[Image: ctower_38k.jpg]

The roof tiler are on work and they are short for finishing. However that's not the end of this project!

[Image: museum_04k.jpg]

This is an older view on our station Shelbyville with the railroad museum. Now a new modele is added for lengthened the station and museum and you see the free area on background where the coaltower will obtain its place for the steam locos which will be in service with historic tourist trains. A water tower will be added yet and so a whole fleet of steam locos can run also in combination with modern traction.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread