My Z scale layouts from start to ???
Pete ,after working with Z scale HO seems to be humongous.I have a 75 year old friend in Mt. Clemons,MI. who is playing with T gauge.He tells me his wife's N scale AMTRAK train is rather oversized. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Nice looking trucks!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Colour choices are any one but WHITE. I'm thinking candy red,blue or green.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

I decided that candy blue was the right colour.Truck is not done but this is how it looks after painting.Wheels ,tires, and chassis need some touch up painting.Still need to do the windows ,mirrors and mud flaps.If anyone is interested the truck is 15/16ths of a inch long.More pics to come. :mrgreen:
[Image: Blue-IH_1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt-I like your color choice for the truck. Nicely done
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS
Catt Wrote:I decided that candy blue was the right colour.Truck is not done but this is how it looks after painting.Wheels ,tires, and chassis need some touch up painting.Still need to do the windows ,mirrors and mud flaps.If anyone is interested the truck is 15/16ths of a inch long.More pics to come. :mrgreen:
[Image: Blue-IH_1.jpg]

Blimey!

I ditched N for Ho because N was too tiny for me.
That right there, is mindboggling!

Martin
Amazing detail for Z, nice work Catt!
Mike

Mike wait to you see it's running mate,it is shorter than this one.The colour is Krylon candy blue over a special Krylon silver base coat.I don't know for sure but I think the paints have been discontinued.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Grande Valley Railway would like to announce our new passenger running south from Grand Rapids,MI. to Elkhart,IND.We have just purchase a ex Metrolink set for the start up.Plans are if this is deemed a success to buy more sets and expand passenger services.Here is a pic of the first set still in Metrolink colours.

[Image: metro_1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nice looking set!
Mike

Everyone I have talked to that own these locos tell me they are excellent runners.One of my friends in Florida has 4 sets and wants more. Eek I have two friends here in Michigan that have sets too and they say the same thing.I almost bought two sets myself the only reason I didn't is the layout isn't THAT big. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

If you could get the service running north to Traverse City, we might find a use for it.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
David,
In my foggy little world the Grande Valley Railway follows the old Grand Rapids & Indiana route from Richmond Ind. north into Michigan with head offices actually located in Grand Rapids (where I really do live) it then goes north to Petosky then follows the shore line up to Mackinaw City.I think I heard the powers that be saying something about starting a passenger service to Traverse City.

To bad that in reality most of the right of way is used for biking and hiking now.There is trackage from GR that runs up to Ludington,not sure where it goes from there but CSX wants to get rid of it. So maybe that could be an alternate route north say to Traverse City. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Putting in a few laps :mrgreen:

[Image: metro_3.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

You could always chop the midsection out of the cars to shorten them up. Eek Misngth
Mike