My Z scale layouts from start to ???
Tyson Rayles Wrote:You could always chop the midsection out of the cars to shorten them up. Eek Misngth
To suggest a Z-scale modeler to length compress his passenger cars is really nasty 357
Reinhard
Mike, you are way way to helpful Eek :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I am now 212.55 (includes shipping charges) into the new Z layout.I still need to buy the lumber probably tomorrow or Thursday.I now have a lock on the size .Minus the thickness of the fashia they layout will be 25.5" wide by 44" long.As soon as I have a lock on the track layout I will post a drawing of the plan.Plus there will be pictures of the progress if anyone is interested.

I will still be working on the smaller layout too as both of them will be making the train show scene. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

No layout plans yet but I have a total on everything needed and paid for to get this layout up and running.I now have a total of $244.79 invested in the layout materials .This includes the new train set all the track and the lumber plus a box of drywall screws to put it together. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Wood work is done,will get pretty pink Nope extruded Styrofoam this evening. Proof of progress pic.

[Image: Z-3-a.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Making the rest of us look like slackers are you? Curse Eek 2285_ Misngth
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Oh, maybe one or two of you. :mrgreen: Icon_lol :mrgreen: Icon_lol :mrgreen:

By the way got the pinkboard glued down this morning.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Progress? Nope N scale layouts in the background.

[Image: Z-3-b.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

iHere's a couple update pics for the new layout.The only name I have for it is Grande Valley Railway so I think I need to come up with a specific name (all of my other layouts have names).Anyway waiting for a pair of bridges and a turnout to show up before I start a official layout thread,but these pics may show you what direction I am headed.

[Image: Z-3-c.jpg]

[Image: Z-3-d.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Second track pack came today.I discovered that I ordered the wrong turnout Wallbang .I bought a right hand ,but should have bought a left.No real big deal though I can just mirror image the layout and everything will be fine. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Very rough draft of layout plan.Road and track intereact in at least 3 places so far.Road crosses at grade level center top,road crosses over track upper right hand corner,track crosses over road on girder bridge bottom center.Except for basic track plan everything else is subject to change.:-)

[Image: Z-3-e.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Curse There you go again, making the rest of us look like slackers! Curse
Misngth
Mike

Man, I hate waiting for anything ,and I am waiting for one more track package to show up so I can get started actually building this layout. Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Waiting teaches self discipline, a handy trait in this hobby! Thumbsup
Mike

I am waaaaaaaaaaaay to old to learn new tricks. Eek Nope Worship
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"