Pandorum Stage I
Tearing out the old stuff has been delayed a couple of days due to a relapse of my pneumonia, brought about - as I was specifically lectured - by overdoing things when I started. Being married to a Registered Nurse has it's drawbacks! Icon_lol

I'll be back at by tomorrow, when I tear out the old water tank and start removing wall panels.

I do have a couple of photos, but my step-son sent them somewhere from his camera, and I'm trying to find out where they went.
Get well! I'm kinda in suspense here. Popcornbeer
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Russ Bellinis Wrote:I've come to the conclusion that it is the responsibility of everyone over 50 to support the medical industry in every way we can! At least I have been doing a lot more to support the medical community since I turned 50 (15 years ago), than I did for the entire first 50 years!

Russ, I will count, among my many other blessings, the blessing that at 67, I'm still not "supporting the Medical Industry".
...................It would bring me the greatest joy, to exit this "veil of tears", having not contributed at all. Let someone else pay for the TV ads for "Pharmaceuticals"..........and you know of which ones I speak. Icon_twisted
and, on topic,.....................
" the challenges that face prototype railroads, will govern where and how you run your mainline, and sidings.
......hey, it's a thought. "

" And it's a very good one! "
This could be interesting indeed, it is a rarely accomplished venture.
The ravine, bridged in this picture;

was originally my daughter's " Erosion Project " for school. The upper bridge was designed and scratch built, the lower bridge, a kit. The bridge abutments, for both had to be custom made to fit the ravine, and at the same time properly support the bridges at the correct height. It was "fun"........ Nope
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Russ Bellinis Wrote:I've come to the conclusion that it is the responsibility of everyone over 50 to support the medical industry in every way we can! At least I have been doing a lot more to support the medical community since I turned 50 (15 years ago), than I did for the entire first 50 years!

Russ, I will count, among my many other blessings, the blessing that at 67, I'm still not "supporting the Medical Industry".
...................It would bring me the greatest joy, to exit this "veil of tears", having not contributed at all. Let someone else pay for the TV ads for "Pharmaceuticals"..........and you know of which ones I speak. Icon_twisted
and, on topic,.....................
" the challenges that face prototype railroads, will govern where and how you run your mainline, and sidings.
......hey, it's a thought. "

" And it's a very good one! "
This could be interesting indeed, it is a rarely accomplished venture.
The ravine, bridged in this picture;
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
was originally my daughter's " Erosion Project " for school. The upper bridge was designed and scratch built, the lower bridge, a kit. The bridge abutments, for both had to be custom made to fit the ravine, and at the same time properly support the bridges at the correct height. It was "fun"........ Nope

It's not as though any of us have a choice in whether or not we need specialized medical care. After all, it I didn't get well, I wouldn't be able to complete the layout. 8-)

Back in the good-old, bad-old days people died often before 40 from routine illnesses and injuries, and things like burst appendix. Doc Holiday died from simple TB, entirely curable today. Not the best way to go.
At last, the nefarious pics have come up on my computer. now, if the @#$%&! "copy" function will just work for once...

Nope...didn't work. Why am I not surprised. OK - go to Plan B... :evil:

Hah!

Looking forward: view out the window is the foothill behind our home.
[Image: pandorum01.jpg]
Looking aft:
[Image: pandorumm02.jpg]

Yippee! It finally worked...I hope.

As of this moment, the interior you see is down to bare studs in places as I remove the final wall panels in preparation for rewiring and refinishing. The camera seems to make things look larger and closer than they are when I'm standing in it. :?
I don't see any pictures....It asks me to log on to AOL... Eek
Gus (LC&P).
:? ... Ditto!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
They are right, I don't have an AOL account either, so we'll never see these pics. I"d suggest that you either post them directly here, or put them on a free photo site like Photobuckets and link to them there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
My apologies. OK - Plan C...I'll try moving therm to Photobucket. I didn't realize it would do that.

Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate AOL:

And reason #1 is... Wallbang
Plan C just circled the drain. I can't find a way to transfer the pics from aol mail to the 'Bucket. :evil: Wallbang :evil:

working on Plan D.... 35
MM,

If you save the pics from AOL, you can upload them to Photobucket.
Just right click on the pic @ aol then select save as, save them to a known file on your pc.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
I can surely appreciate the frustration you are experiencing, and if I could, I'd help. That said, and not having any longer the finances, or dependable transportation, to get from here to there, I can only offer this:
When you get to plan "Z"?.....there's either plan A2, or Plan Aa. Big Grin Big Grin
In any case, keep trying, we really are interested in seeing what you have and will accomplish.
I see Matt has offered some assistance, In your Photobucket account there should be a
"screenname.#####@uploads.photobucket.com". This is the address where you can email your photos to, so that they are stored in your gallery.

May fortune favor you.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:I can surely appreciate the frustration you are experiencing, and if I could, I'd help. That said, and not having any longer the finances, or dependable transportation, to get from here to there, I can only offer this:
When you get to plan "Z"?.....there's either plan A2, or Plan Aa. Big Grin Big Grin
In any case, keep trying, we really are interested in seeing what you have and will accomplish.
I see Matt has offered some assistance, In your Photobucket account there should be a
"screenname.#####@uploads.photobucket.com". This is the address where you can email your photos to, so that they are stored in your gallery.

May fortune favor you.
Pete

Thnaks! It didn't quite go as planned, owing to having to use HughesNet to upload - Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang - but it looks like I got there at last.

All that effort and frustration for two lousy pictures that don't even have trains in them.

Oh, well, now that I know the torturous path I must follow, I'll get some outside views and some progress views on the interior. Maybe a shot or two of my two trust feline supervisors. Big Grin
Quick update:

All cabinetry inside is now removed and I'm starting the laborious task of stripping walls and floor. Everything visible in the posted pics is gone. . At least three separate "generations" of coverings on both, and once again a wide array of different fasteners and adhesives. The floor is variously plywood, linoleum and some sort of imitation wood flooring. Ugh.

The water tank and I are about to come to blows, as it steadfastly refuses all efforts to remove it. Apparently I will have to cut off the external fill pipe in order to free it up internally...or consider the use of explosives!

Planning today to turn the trailer around and place it in it's final - I hope - position, after dealing with a slowly flattening tire tire last night. :?

It look like I will have to strip out the existing wiring, which is four wire cable, and replace it with up-to-date cable...sigh...time really passes when we're having "fun"...doesn't it? 35

I plan to get some more pics today, now that I have some idea of how to post them in less than a week! May even get pics of my two faithful feline supervisors! Big Grin
MountainMan Wrote:All that effort and frustration for two lousy pictures that don't even have trains in them.
Oh, well, now that I know the torturous path I must follow, I'll get some outside views and some progress views on the interior. Maybe a shot or two of my two trust feline supervisors. Big Grin

It gets easier, as you continue to use it.......Never allow your "learning curves" to cross one another, You'll end up running into yourself. Confusedhock: Big Grin

If you end up using explosives on that water tank? Get the "Mythbusters" crew to film it. I like to see things go......
BOOM !!! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted