My Z scale layouts from start to ???
Catt Wrote:...making it 6 inches longer....
The creek in scale 1:220 is outstanding!
6 inches are a little universe in Z scale. Looking forward.
Reinhard
Worship Worship Worship
Outstanding layout Catt! Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That is a really nicely done layout. Thumbsup The added stream looks great. Maybe adding a wooden foot bridge across it is an idea?

I have to keep telling myself that it's Zscale and not Nscale...and remember just how small everything was to work on for you. Your effort has made it look so easy (and I know it wasn't) that I'm thinking of a small Zscale layout build myself just for fun.

(Wait...what am I thinking...my Nscale layout isn't even finished yet. Wallbang )
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
NTS was fun,but oh so tiring for this old man.People could not believe the detail and running ability of Z scale.In fact I heard people telling other people the layout was N scale. Nope :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:NTS was fun,but oh so tiring for this old man.People could not believe the detail and running ability of Z scale.In fact I heard people telling other people the layout was N scale. Nope :mrgreen:

Icon_twisted 357 357 Well, the track is used for Nn3.... Wink Icon_twisted Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
"Well, the track is used for Nn3"

and T track is used for Zn3. Eek :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Small update on extention progress.First pic is showing the ends and the center brace.the taper is 22.5 degrees.

[Image: newpln3a.jpg]

Second pic ,extention is built, styrofoam is glued in place,tomorrow should see the fashia made and installed.

[Image: newpln3b.jpg]

So far my only investment in this project is time.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

What are you going to do with all that additional acreage Catt?
Mike

Quote:What are you going to do with all that additional acreage Catt?

The track is getting extended 6 ",the last house on the left will be moved to the inside of the loop.Pus there will be more trees ,most likely WS for the time being.I just checked and it looks like there will be enough room for another house on the right side too.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Fashia is installed,next project is moving the track (not looking forward to THAT).

[Image: newpln3c.jpg]

White strips at the corners is drywall seam tape.I thought I would give it a try for the corners,if I like it when done I will do the corners on the other end the same way.

OOPS,forgot to mention I now have $4.28 invested in the project.I bought some ATLAS code 55 terminal rail joiners to add another set of feeders to the layout.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nuther update pic.Fashia is done and painted,some ground cover is done.I need to do the road ,glue the base for the house down so I can scenic that area .I also need to get some more trees to finish the wooded part of the layout.

[Image: newpln3d.jpg]

Because of the low picture angle this end view is slightly distorted and elongated . Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

As of 9-20-12 at 9 am eastern time this is where I am at in this phase.

[Image: newpln3e.jpg]

Sometime today or tomorrow I will put all the goodies on and take a picture of the layout in full dress. :mrgreen:

The Z layout now has it's very own Facebook page -http://www.facebook.com/pages/Grande-Val...izard=true
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Full dress (except for a train).A few more details and she is ready to show. :mrgreen:

[Image: newpln3f.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Most excellent little layout ya got there Catt! Worship Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Thank's Mike. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"