PC Photo
You know...I just discovered, there's not a lot of PC models made. I was thinking about adding an engine and there's few choices produced. (And I have this thread to thank/blame for that latest engine desire. I don't run PC, it's not in my modeling era, I have no need for another engine, but after looking at all the pictures on this thread I'm starting to think I really need one.) An all black PC diesel would be interesting to watch running the layout.

Actually, I'd like an all-black GG1 please. (Kato, if you're reading this post, you should get working on that right away.)
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I know in nscale they do make an all black GG1 in PC, I own one, just dont remeber who made or painted them. btw its Nscale
Here is a pacing shot of a pair of ALCO's assigned to helper service. Running light west at Neeld Road, west of East Palestine, Ohio, June, 1977

Attached Files Image(s)

Time to update this thread. Eastbound at East Palestine, Ohio. Sept, 1977
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie B Wrote:Time to update this thread...Charlie

What a great idea! Thumbsup Goldth
Ralph
RALPH! Were you lurking? Goldth
F7a
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie B Wrote:RALPH! Were you lurking? Goldth

Hee hee! Just biding my time. Smile Great shot of the F units! My favorite diesel. Thumbsup
Ralph
Caught these in the cut west of Leetonia, Ohio in August of 1977. They had been using them as helpers from Alliance to Homewood for a couple of weeks.
The cut was the site of a wreck involving 3 trains in 1975.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

My GG-1's arrived in both Amtrak and PC black...and soon the black PC E-8 with matching (non matching actually with two greens, a silver and a tucson brown) PC passenger cars will arrive (if Kato lives up to their shipping date). Once I get some good pictures on the layout...I'll finally have some PC to add to this thread. Wait a minute...these are all REAL pictures of Penn Central...aarrgghh foiled again. Wallbang
Mark

--and--
Mark, I'm sure we want to see those pictured right here. A PC is a PC, big or little .
If I ever have my camera in my hand when the Hercs fly over here, I'll post a picture of them on this thread. They come through so low I will have to be on a wide angle setting. I love 'em
Charlie
As I'm approaching the end of my career, I'm going to have to start taking a camera with me when I fly the C-130...some of the formation flights and airdrops are pretty cool to photograph. Getting good NVG shots (Night Vision Goggles) is harder to do. :geek:

At least with a train, the photographer is usually stationary when the photo gets taken. (With the illustrious exception of Barney Seacord who is a master at taking pictures of trains from a biplane.)

My PC roster is growing, so I'll soon have a scene worthy enough to photograph. My layout executives plan on hosting the Carolina Penn Central Historical Association's yearly excursion, utilizing a newly acquired PC E8 pulling a PC GG-1 along with several PC passenger cars around the local area. I'm sure that will give the lpp's on the layout something new to look at as it rolls by.
Mark

--and--
Looking forward to photos Mark!

"a PC is a PC big or little"....

[Image: IMG_2217.jpg]
Heres a little variety for a PC caboose. Jan 7, 1978
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Great pictures Ralph & Charlie. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/