What do you think?
Looks like a old weather beaten industrial building in need of a face lift..

Good job! Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thanks Larry Misngth Misngth

Here are a couple pics of the Champion Packing Co. signs added on and weathered a bit:

[Image: SL373036.jpg]

[Image: SL373037.jpg]

[Image: SL373038.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Hi Josh,
I hope the guy sends you some pics of the plant on his layout Big Grin
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/">http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/</a><!-- m -->
[Image: up_xm40o.gif][Image: up_lo-1.gif][Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
upnick Wrote:Hi Josh,

Me too Misngth

The next project ill be doing for him after i do the Prairie Star Milling Building will be a 36" Double Track Truss Bridge from Walthers kits Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:
upnick Wrote:Hi Josh,

Me too Misngth

The next project ill be doing for him after i do the Prairie Star Milling Building will be a 36" Double Track Truss Bridge from Walthers kits Misngth

Just a small project then Icon_lol
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/">http://www.freewebs.com/upnick/</a><!-- m -->
[Image: up_xm40o.gif][Image: up_lo-1.gif][Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Trucklover Wrote:Thanks Larry Misngth Misngth

Here are a couple pics of the Champion Packing Co. signs added on and weathered a bit:

When I first saw the pictures on this thread, my first word was "WOW!". Thumbsup

Seeing these pictures, the next word is "WOW!". Thumbsup Thumbsup

Great job Trucklover. Cheers
WoW is right.....and only 12.5 hrs. worth of work..?? I take that long just getting ready to start.... :oops:
Gus (LC&P).
Does look great!
but i don't think the tank is completely you're bad.
If you look at the bottom, looks like there was a "short shot" in the plastic.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Madmodeler, Gus, and Ed, thank you guys Misngth Misngth

The tank was a bit of a pain in the you know what, it didnt want to wrap all the away around the base, and the roof didnt fit inside the tank like it should have, so instead i had to glue it resting ontop of the tank..... Super glue made good use of squeezing the tank together and making is somewhat fit around the base.... lol Not the best of designs from Walthers, thats for sure
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Wow, that's a really nice looking building you have created there Josh. Cheers
It's very authentic looking, I wish I had your talent for weathering 'cause that's what makes a building stand out I reckon.
And it seems you are starting to get yourself some sales, so well done. Thumbsup

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Josh, have you considered starting a business doing professional layout design and custom layout building? You live in one of the more upscale areas of So Cal. It might be worth a try at putting an ad on Craiglist or other internet site to see if there is any interest in your area.
As always, Josh - your structures looks very cool!

Here's hoping that you will get a little extra custom building and weathering work, and that you will make a decent profit on the work you do!

Smile,
Stein
Jack and Stein, thank you guys, it really means alot for the to hear those encouraging words from you guys Misngth Misngth

Russ, that could be an idea, and with the 3 LHS around me (Milepost 38, Arnie's Trains, and The Train Crossing) im sure i could advertise in there shops as well. Its certainly something to kick around, especially if i cant land a job sometime soon lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Very nice work Josh! Thumbsup

I had that kit once upon a time, but I think it got chopped up to make lots of different things... Nope Icon_lol

Those Walthers kits are great for altering & bashing!
-Drew-
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
Drew Wrote:Very nice work Josh! Thumbsup

I had that kit once upon a time, but I think it got chopped up to make lots of different things... Nope Icon_lol

Those Walthers kits are great for altering & bashing!

Thanks Drew Misngth Misngth

I hear you on the kitbashing the Walthers kits, just about any of there cornerstone kits are great for taking random walls and putting them together with others to make the great looking customized unique looking building Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains