Turnout question
When I was ballasting my track I tried to be extra careful around the turnouts but a couple of them are a little stiff.Is there anything that I can do to free them up? Suggestions welcome-Bob
I operate the newly balasted turnout at least every 15 minutes for about 4 hours.
Reinhard
HI Bob.
What did you cement the ballast with ? If it was white glue and water, put a drop or two of water, alcohol or Goo Gone where they are stuck. Let it soak in and then carefully start working the points. You might need to do this a number of times, but eventually they will free up. Mine did, anyhow. Big Grin

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
Loren-Thanks for the tip.I used Woodland Scenics cement.I'll give your idea a try and see what happens. Bob
Your welcome. Good luck.

Loren
When I ballast turnouts, I'll spray the heck out the ballasted turnout with 70% alcohol. And I mean spray the heck. Then I'll apply the Elmers and water mix. I have know idea about WS Scenic glue.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
From what I have read on other forums, it is just white glue with the water all ready added Eek

Loren
Thanks Wayne. As Loren stated the WS stuff is just like white glue and water.
What I'll probably do is check all the closure points and make sure there is no ballast stuck there then drop some 70 % around the throw bar to loosen any cement. Bob