A computer question...
Thanks guys!!!
All this talk about computer problems and guess what?....I have a problem.
Something happened to IE this morning. I was on for about an hour everything was fine. Logged off, came back and BOOM!, couldn't get back online. After a couple of hours troubleshooting, and cause my Weather Channel desktop was still working,I came to the conclusion that the problem was with IE. I had actually figured..OK..Kinda figured it was IE, but I couldn't even log on to get FireFox.(It was that bad). The only way I could get on was to actually go to the Microsoft Download website(There I could go to other web sites). I downloaded IE8(its free...Why not!).
I'll tell you what....I'm impressed!. Pages are loading quicker. Speed has increased at least two fold....This thing is smoking now!

Then I started to wonder....If IE7 was designed to go bad at a certain time, or when a newer version was released, just to make you download the newest version.Conspiracy Theory? Maybe?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Thanks guys!!!
Then I started to wonder....If IE7 was designed to go bad at a certain time, or when a newer version was released, just to make you download the newest version.Conspiracy Theory? Maybe?

Confusedhock: You're NOT supposed to know about that!!!!! Shoot Goldth

Ralph
Oh snap that picture cracks me up! 357
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Thanks guys!!!
All this talk about computer problems and guess what?....I have a problem.
Something happened to IE this morning. I was on for about an hour everything was fine. Logged off, came back and BOOM!, couldn't get back online. After a couple of hours troubleshooting, and cause my Weather Channel desktop was still working,I came to the conclusion that the problem was with IE. I had actually figured..OK..Kinda figured it was IE, but I couldn't even log on to get FireFox.(It was that bad). The only way I could get on was to actually go to the Microsoft Download website(There I could go to other web sites). I downloaded IE8(its free...Why not!).
I'll tell you what....I'm impressed!. Pages are loading quicker. Speed has increased at least two fold....This thing is smoking now!

Ed, I downloaded IE8 last week, and didn't have the nerve to install it, but your post has made me brave. Just in case, It has been great to know all of youse on this here forum.
Charlie
I installed IE8. Hated it, too many balls and whistles that I didn't use and lots that didn't work properly. Uninstalled it and went back to IE7.
poliss Wrote:I installed IE8. Hated it, too many balls and whistles that I didn't use and lots that didn't work properly. Uninstalled it and went back to IE7.

I hadn't noticed any...But then I've only been using it for two days, and really haven't found any more than what was on IE7.
But I'm still impressed. Even those pictures linked to photo sharing sites are quick to load. They were slow in loading and I'm on cable.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
I installed the Google version tonight and set it up with my preferences. I have a good anti virus and don't go to sites that I feel I need the protection that is offered so I turned most of that off. So far I don't see much difference, except it may be a little faster
Charlie