Charlie b's layout
Good to see ya back at it Charlie!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks Mike. I worked a couple hours last night but didn't get anything done that was worthy of a picture.
I just cleared a few little projects from my work bench by finishing them.
I even got the reinforcements on the coal loading bridge and started to put it in place, however, I still need to add the piping for the water spouts.
Charlie
Nothing worth a picture so far but I was able to stand on my feet and repair a spot in the scenery by a tunnel that I noticed in a picture that I was going to post. I will let the Dura-bond set over night and tint it to match the area. It's funny how you can see things in a picture that you are about to post that you never notice before.
I even ran trains for a half hour.
I haven't mentioned it on Big blue but I had a total knee replacement a month ago and I am working hard to get back to normal so I can have the other one done.
It was nice to do something while on my feet. I have mowed grass twice and I am able to drive so I have gone trackside a couple times. It really gets boring sitting around the house.
I need to go fishing. 219
Charlie
Here is a link to the early pictures. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.831691013678303.1073741932.100005122364336&type=1&l=0545f77378">https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 0545f77378</a><!-- m -->
More here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.831919706988767.1073741933.100005122364336&type=1&l=537ba23372">https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 537ba23372</a><!-- m -->
I will add more in a little while These will replace most of the ones that were lost in the crash. They are slow to load but be patient.
Charlie
I've said it before, Charlie, but I wish that I could accomplish even half as much as you've done, even if it were to take me twice as long.
And for anyone who's not seen this layout in person, believe me, it's even better being trackside, watching and running the trains, and discovering the many detailed scenes, unexpected on such a large layout.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon, in person.

Wayne
Best of luck with the rehab! Never had a joint replaced but had to come back from being a quadriplegic and I hated the rehab, really sucked but the alternative is even worse of course! Curse
Mike

Well, here are before     and after     pictures of the major project fixing a gap in a tunnel portal. It took about 10 minutes total time but will still require a little closer paint match on the repair.
Now I see a lot of work needs done above the portal .
Charlie
I did some work on the river for the hydro plant today. I put the second coat of future on it and it is starting to look like a river.     Charlie
I also placed some more "water" in the pans.    
I am pleased with my new knee and I am starting to get around better, but the best part is the ability to stand for a longer time. I even ran some trains for a while     Charlie
That's really lookin' good, Charlie! Applause Applause Applause Applause

How do you apply the Future? It certainly does make that water look wet.

Wayne
Wayne, it is like water, I just let some come out of the little spout top then I spread it with a brush. It will turn white as it dries     but I left the overhead fans run and as it dries it clears up. I think I will add a couple more coats allowing at least 48 hours drying time between coats.
Charlie
I have used Mod Podge to fill the pans to this point. Once it is thoroughly dry I will coat it with Future. If I was going to make pans again, I think I would just use solid polystyrene and paint the top to look like water and cove that with future. At least that way the water will be flat. Wink
Charlie
Nice job on filling in the gap Charlie. Thumbsup Good to hear things are going well with the knee! Your "water" is looking wet, a few more coats of future and you will be fishing and swimming in it and drinking it! Icon_lol
Mike

I have been working in my little workroom trying to make some order and found the easiest way was to build some of the kits and remove them from the bench. I put 7 cars together so tonight I went back to work on my coal loading bridge which is a project that I began over two years ago.
It needs 5 chutes for 5 of the tracks so I got my thin sheet polystyrene and began to build them . First was cut the sides    
Then I added the part that will glue on the underside of the bridge and braced it.     Next were the chutes and sides. I have one done and I will let the glue joints set before I sand it and do some trimming.     I also added some upper crossmembers o the bridge to help keep it straight. I made them from some old brass rail and they fit into the existing "t" slots.    
It's snowing here and we are to get 3 to 5 inches so I will be working on this tomorrow too. Goldth
Charlie
It's good to see you working on the coaling bridge, Charlie, but it's hard to believe it's been two years since we talked about it.

Wayne