Charlie b's layout
Awesome caboose!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Great work Charlie. Loving the caboose.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
I bought 2 Proto 2000 s1s from Ebay and they were listed as DCC ready but one was sold with a loose wire and untested. I got them today and one is like new and the one with the loose wire was the first one I opened. It had a decoder installed and the loose wire was the one to the lower brush so the project became to solder the wire and install LED lighting, It took some time but I have a great running S1 now and the axle gears are OK too. Sometimes things work out.  Icon_e_biggrin 
Charlie
Love it when a bargain turns out to be a bargain!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Friday I put a decoder in the second proto S1. I decided to just hard wire it instead of using their plug to save room and it was not hard to do at ll. I did remove the motor and isolated the bottom brush wire from the frm. I did find out the wires were reversed according to the color code so I just reversed them at the decoder.      . I think it is a good looking unit so I will leave it. New Haven was taken into Penn Central so it works for me.  

I cleaned the flash from the frames of 28 Roundhouse 2 bay hoppers and tapped the holes for the couplers and trucks so a 2-56 screw will work. I don't like the self tapping screws they supply and using the tap in my power screw driver makes short work of that job, you just have to be sure to use a little bit of oil so you don't break the tap.  Icon_e_biggrin

I also did a test application of my Rosebud decals that I made and once they are good and dry with a coat of dull coat applied I will be happy with them     

Tomorrow I will wash and paint the frames I drilled today and start assembling the hopper cars. 
Charlie
The hopper looks great Charlie.
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Hi Charlie---it's always good to see the Wilderson Division.The RoseBud Mining logos and gondolas look great and are a special personal addition to your rolling stock.I was wondering if you are planning on having your newest S1 custom painted as Kiski Junction #7135.
The ROSEBUD MINING Company has a Canadian Division located in Beeton Ontario which is directly involved with exporting products from the nearby GERN Bowyer Mine.The Leetown Division and the Elora Gorge & Eastern provide transportation links to the Wilderson Division in Pennsylvania.

(01-29-2024, 07:20 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hi Charlie---it's always good to see the Wilderson Division.The RoseBud Mining logos and gondolas look great and are a special personal addition to your rolling stock.I was wondering if you are planning on having your newest S1 custom painted as Kiski Junction #7135.

Ed, I am planning on painting the undecorated Atlas S1 for the KJR 7135. I want to install a decoder first but right now I have 30 2 bay covered hoppers on the assembly line. 
Charlie
ROSEBUD MINING rolling stock spotted at the GERN Bowyer Mine.

The logos on the EG&E covered hoppers have been altered.

Big Grin 
Another custom car I'm working on.  Icon_e_biggrin    
Charlie
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you make the decals yourself?

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(02-19-2024, 03:33 PM)FiatFan Wrote: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did you make the decals yourself?

Tom

Yes Tom I made them. I am not happy because I can't get them to print without the ink running. I do have some other things to try. They are OK but they should be better.

Charlie