We need a GERN thread
MountainMan Wrote: Sounds like a lot of methanated flux to me... 8-)
... then ...
P5se Camelback Wrote: I'll assume that is similar to Traffic's "good, old fashioned Mentholated Goo," but 3% more soothing!
... then ...
MountainMan Wrote:Not really. Methane, as you may recall, is the major constituent of bovine flatus...

It seems that I either need a new prescription for my specs or I've got to slow my reading down to insure what I think I read is what was actually written ...
...my bad, there, Mountain Man! :oops:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Methanated fluxane? No, fluxinated methane. And here is a tanker load of Anhydrous Flux ready to be picked up from the Texas Division of GERN:

[Image: image.php?album_id=124&image_id=2810]
WHOA :!:
Outstanding :!: :!: :!:

It's good to see your GERN facility again! .......
I'm glad it will be included in the new layout!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Different product entirely, manufactured by a totally different process.

Methanated flux was a failed attempt By GERN to harness the BTU energy from bovine flatus.

It failed because 3% improvement on cow f***s still stinks as far as the bottom line goes. 8-)
Glad to see that you're feeling better, young feller. Thumbsup

Cookie
Flux Magnate
Charles Wrote:Glad to see that you're feeling better, young feller. Thumbsup

Cookie

Cheers

Make hay while the sun shines! invest some of that "feeling better energy" in building that layout and taking pictures so we can share the enjoyment of its growth.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Charles Wrote:Glad to see that you're feeling better, young feller. Thumbsup

Cookie

Cheers

Make hay while the sun shines! invest some of that "feeling better energy" in building that layout and taking pictures so we can share the enjoyment of its growth.

So far, my pictures have disappeared into the fog of the internet and not been seen again. I'm still trying to post the first two. :evil:

I'm having trouble removing the old wall coverings from the layout due to very high winds. One does not walk to our dumpster carrying a sheet of anything in 40mph or better winds without becoming airborne oneself.
On a somewhat related subject, who here remembers the fictitious element that powered the doomsday device built by the Russians in Dr. Strangelove? 8-)
No one? Or is frantic research going on elsewhere? Icon_lol

Answer will be posted tomorrow.
"Don't everybody jump up, an down, with glee"..............but, I really don't have the slightest clue..?? Nope Confusedhock:

maybe " impendium disastorum" ???? Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I am being honest -- I know it's online somewhere - I just don't remember it - so I'm not commenting Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Unobtainium?

Andrew
Taken directly from the sound track - "Tobalthorium G." Big Grin
Something new on GERN..... I finally got around toit Big Grin
A shot of the GERN Coal Plant with "Something new in the photo Confusedhock:

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

A Lighted GERN Sign in the water tower Smile Smile

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75