We need a GERN thread
This thread is really fluxed up. :|

Yeah, that's right, I said it! Confusedhock: Misngth
tetters Wrote:This thread is really fluxed up. :|

Yeah, that's right, I said it! Confusedhock: Misngth

35 Icon_lol

Andrew
True, but it was 3% easier to read and took 3% less time as well!
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
I think I just Fluxed my pants. Eek
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote:I think I just Fluxed my pants. Eek

3% fuller than you usually would? Goldth
MountainMan Wrote:
e-paw Wrote:I think I just Fluxed my pants. Eek

3% fuller than you usually would? Goldth

That depends on whether or not he was eating Gern Bran Flakes with Flux enhanced fiber. Guaranteed to make you 3% more regular.
Quote:That depends on whether or not he was eating Gern Bran Flakes with Flux enhanced fiber. Guaranteed to make you 3% more regular.

Waaay too much information! :?
Does GERN come in a gaseous form? If so, what is it used for?
MountainMan Wrote:Does GERN come in a gaseous form? If so, what is it used for?

Seriously? You had to ask that question after the last couple of posts? Icon_lol
tetters Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:Does GERN come in a gaseous form? If so, what is it used for?

Seriously? You had to ask that question after the last couple of posts? Icon_lol

Why not - I love surprises. Confusedhock:

Truthfully, I think it's a fair question, as no GERN liquid gas tankers or other forms of gaseous transport have thus far been shown, and obviously it's extraction in gaseous form would require entirely different physical plants from what have been displayed here. 8-)
GERN chemists developed a gaseous form of flux specifically for the airship trade, and while it was 3% lighter than hydrogen, the Zeppelin Corporation resisted both the higher cost and the fact that GERN would have control of production. Well, we all know of the events at Lakehurst NJ, which pretty-well put an end to that market. Cookie Gibson's executive airship made good use of the product though, especially on his record-breaking around-the-world flight involving a number of young ladies from the Company's steno pool, in the early '30s.
NASA has expressed some interest in its use for the so-called "space elevator", as it would eliminate the need for the tether cable, so there may yet be a market for this exciting product.

Wayne
I've been wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that my daughter told me about this afternoon as we watched our team lose a football game and ate some of her absolutely delicious home made chili (I had two bowls.)

She told me that she had heard that the scientists and chemical engineers at GERN had been working on a new gas-related product ...

... one that would reduce flatulance by 3%.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
I believe they did, but for whatever reason decided to sell off that line of business. It's currently sold under the trade name of Beano. Icon_lol Icon_lol

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
doctorwayne Wrote:GERN chemists developed a gaseous form of flux specifically for the airship trade, and while it was 3% lighter than hydrogen, the Zeppelin Corporation resisted both the higher cost and the fact that GERN would have control of production. Well, we all know of the events at Lakehurst NJ, which pretty-well put an end to that market. Cookie Gibson's executive airship made good use of the product though, especially on his record-breaking around-the-world flight involving a number of young ladies from the Company's steno pool, in the early '30s.
NASA has expressed some interest in its use for the so-called "space elevator", as it would eliminate the need for the tether cable, so there may yet be a market for this exciting product.

Wayne

ROFLMAO!! Goldth

Don't forget exciting uses in such fields as dental anesthesia!
rrinker Wrote: I believe they did, but for whatever reason decided to sell off that line of business. It's currently sold under the trade name of Beano. ... --Randy

Our friends in the U.K. can maybe confirm this, but my sister (who lived in the U.K. for several years) tells me that a similar product exists there, but it is advertised as ...

... "Wind Stopper"
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln