In the South
faraway Wrote:If no other/better solution can be found I will collect all the signs/artwork I would like to have and print them all together on one sheet. I think one page per layout is affordable Wink
But there is another surprise. The companies with the most fancy artwork at the walls have the most boring web pages. Might be you spend the marketing budget either for wall painting or web design but not both.

I suspect the relationship between the artwork on the building and the web design are either that the owner of the company didn't hire a professional web designer, or it may depend on where you are targeting your potential customers from. If most of your business comes from online orders, you want a fancy web site. If most business is customers showing up at the front door during business hours, then the choice would be for fancy signage on the building, and a boring web presents.
The signage that just has text and basic geometric shapes would be easy to make in a photodraw program. The only one that would be difficult is the one with the appliances and such on it. But really, it wouldn't be too hard to find images on the net that could be used to improvise that sign. The large size of it would be the only issue.
Just a little sidestep...
The layout did not have any relation to Vernon when the RR crossing has been made. No sidewalks have been at the roads at that time. A nasty mistake... It toke me some hours to do the sidewalk puzzle Icon_twisted However, there is no way to do it without in Vernon.

A warning to those of you with LAJ in mind, do not forget the sidewalks on crossing! A puzzle might be the penalty
[Image: Img_0540.jpg?t=1295302854]
Reinhard
That is a work of art Reinhard! I wonder if the city planners might build an overpass there some day? Smile Beautifully done!
Ralph
Ralph Wrote:That is a work of art Reinhard! I wonder if the city planners might build an overpass there some day? Smile Beautifully done!
Ralph

Probably not. That is only two lane, so it would not be a major street. There are few overpasses in that area and never on a street narrower than 4 lanes.

Beautiful work, Reinhard. I love it!
I'm loving the track work, Reinhard, and the beautiful way you've made the pavement fit between the rails ...
... it's absolutely gorgeous!
I'm envious!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
A little detail to be found all over Vernon. I would like to have much more power poles etc. but they can survive in the background only. The 0-5-0 is the natural enemy of power poles :cry:
[Image: Img_0546.jpg?t=1295557508]
Reinhard
no bad, reinhard Thumbsup Cheers
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Yes, there is so much heavy industry in Vernon that the power poles there almost look overloaded! Looking good.
Some other shape than "boxes" attached to a box building.
The main tank is made of a plastic pipe from the home improvement market. The smaller tops are 1/3 of a lipstick cap.

[Image: Img_0549.jpg?t=1295794796]
Reinhard
Reinhard, I really like those tanks! I'm in the process right now of creating some storage tanks for an industry and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. If you don't mind imitation as the sincerest form of flattery I may do something similar to yours.
Ralph
Harry, Russ, Ralph, thanks for the kind words. The tanks are based on an idea I did see here some time ago, that was based on the Walthers bakery. Can't find the thread anymore.
It is very disappointing to see on the photos all the ugly details I did not see with my eyes when I build it. Only solution for me is to enforce the three foot rule Sad
Reinhard
We are always our own worst critics! I don't see any ugly details, I just see a very convincing scene. Thumbsup
Ralph
Reinhard, I just saw another method of doing the stripe on a tilt up. I drove behind a YMCA building today to get out of a parking lot. The top 4-6 feet of the wall was red, there was a 6 inch or so black stripe under the red, and the bottom half was left unpainted concrete. When I looked more closely I noticed that the black stripe was indented from the rest of the wall about 1 inch. You could use some .010" or even .005" styrene for the bottom and top of such a building, Paint the black stripe on the basic structure at the correct elevation, then paint the thin styrene red and glue it to the top, slightly overlapping the top of the black stripe. Glue the lower piece on in your choice of color for natural concrete. It doesn't help you to do graphics, but it would work for stripes!
Russ Bellinis Wrote:Reinhard, I just saw another method of doing the stripe on a tilt up...
Russ, that sounds interesting and should ensure a nice boarder between the color. Thank you!

ps. Did you got the street address? I would like to look at the prototype via streetview. I did find a building that is close to your description at W 99th street behind the YMCA building.
Reinhard