joefryfry's layout - The Waynesburg Southern
Ralph Wrote:I really like the barn colors. Thumbsup
The guy that owns that barn used to work for PC. He was fired for stealing paint from the car shop. Misngth
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:I have a good friend in your area and I keep trying to get down that way but haven't made it yet. He winters in Florida and is a train nut too. He has Lionel and G scale, even does a big display somewhere in town for the holiday.
Charlie
Where is his holiday layout?
This layout is not worth visiting. I'd wait until my next layout in my next house which will be bigger. My requirements for my next house are as follows: Needs to be on a hill outside of town as I enjoy astronomy very, very much. Needs to have a three car garage so I have somewhere to park my bass boat, which I have to keep at the in-laws for now and it is a pain to go fishing. Needs to have an easy to mow yard and a house I can maintain a little easier. This house is very old and I'm not getting any younger, and work takes up 74 hours of each week (also why I went nuts on this layout while I had some time). Needs to have a space where I can build a layout with some sort of realistic approach.
"You did NOT cut a hole in the wall for the train, did you?" - the wife
The Waynesburg Southern
Blue Mountain Aerial Mapping
I read that earlier and just thought you were being sincere since most barns are red. I see your avatar is Penn Central. I laughed and told my dearest wife who is sitting here, but she seems unamused.
The Waynesburg Southern
faraway Wrote:I like it because it is so different and relaxed. No yards, no switches just a line with gentle curves through a green valley. Must be very relaxing to watch trains running on that layout.
I suppose there are a few different categories we put ourselves in. One being the kind who strictly likes the modeling and cares less about trains, one being overly into operations and the whole layout is nothing but yards and switching, the other being somewhere in between. For me, I'd be happy with one track meandering through countryside and town but if I have my way in a new house, I'll have at least some operations and alot of scenery. After starting and tearing down a few layouts, with this one, and my wife telling me I will never finish one, I just wanted to run some trains and do scenery that I could finish.
The Waynesburg Southern
I appreciate the comments, going to upload some more now.
The Waynesburg Southern
10 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
10 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
10 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
10 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
joefryfry Wrote:
I read that earlier and just thought you were being sincere since most barns are red. I see your avatar is Penn Central. I laughed and told my dearest wife who is sitting here, but she seems unamused.

Actually, I was being sincere! Thumbsup Charlies joke made me go back and realize that the trim could be PC green. Smile
10 characters

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
Fascia painted.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Waynesburg Southern
Basically, all I need to do now is do some weathering on some things, fix some small issues with scenery and ballast, add details and some buildings that I still have that I have not built. Trains run good, forward and backwards without problems. First time with N where I have no track issues. I had a CMX clean machine that I had quit using and just used one of those eraser things, but I lost it, so I fixed up my clean machine and I have to say, I had alot of stalls before cleaning the track, but I just ran the clean machine a few time and the trains run good. Obviously, I paid little attention to period of time being that I have a modern unit coal train and a Challenger with old and new box cars. Work will be ramping up again now that holidays are done so progress will be slow but hopefully I can continue with details until we move and post some more pics.
The Waynesburg Southern
Joe I know Ralph was sincere, but the colors made me poke some fun at him. He and my son are avid PC modelers.
My friend sets up the layout somewhere in downtown Waynesburg. The only article I can find is from 2010 and it says the Freedom Center, which was an old furniture store. I thought he told me they moved it but maybe this is the newest location.

Joe that is a great layout. I can do some operations on mine but most of the time I just have two trains running the main and I will sometimes run one on one of he two branchlines. I was into N gauge in the middle 70's but could never get dependable locomotives like they offer today.

I hope your dream for a new home can come through. Working those long hours has to pay off some time.

Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:My friend sets up the layout somewhere in downtown Waynesburg. The only article I can find is from 2010 and it says the Freedom Center, which was an old furniture store. I thought he told me they moved it but maybe this is the newest location.

Joe that is a great layout. I can do some operations on mine but most of the time I just have two trains running the main and I will sometimes run one on one of he two branchlines. I was into N gauge in the middle 70's but could never get dependable locomotives like they offer today.

I hope your dream for a new home can come through. Working those long hours has to pay off some time.

Charlie
I go through Waynesburg every day on the way to work. Its about half way to the office. My boss takes very good care of me and my family for my time. He makes it so I have zero worries.
The Waynesburg Southern