My Z scale layouts from start to ???
For it's first showing the layout was quite popular.

[Image: Z-3-ii.jpg]

[Image: Z-3-jj.jpg]

Keeping the layout company was my friend Bill's new Z layout progress.

[Image: Bills_Z-layout-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Some detail work,

Logo on girder bridge

[Image: Z-3-kk.jpg]

Finished the railings on the road bridge and painted the bridge to look like new concrete.

[Image: Z-3-ll.jpg]

Planted some shrubbery ,need a lot more but this takes care of this corner (so far)

[Image: Z-3-mm.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nice logo! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
My MRR club Grand River Valley had their fall show today.As usual I had the only Z scale there.Here are two pics on my layout at the show.
[Image: Lakeside-1.jpg]

[Image: Lakeside-2.jpg]

I noticed a trend with viewers concerning the float plane out of 70 counted remarks 69 people said "Oh,look there's a plane landing on the lake,but one person (last one in fact ) said "Look there is a float plane taking off from the lake. Nope :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Here's a flyover view of my smallest Z layout.This one is 18.5" wide x 30.250 " long and is actually heavier than the one posted up page. Eek This is a work in slooooow progress.

[Image: Little-layout-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nice layouts! Too small for me though, one Z scale layout in a briefcase was enough for me Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
No briefcase layouts for me.I would not take one even if it were brand new.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:No briefcase layouts for me.I would not take one even if it were brand new.
I just wanted to see if I could build one. I built it, let the kids play with it, and when they got older I sold it. It was fun for the kids and got them interested in trains. Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I have a friend here in Grand Rapids that I am slowly leading down the Z path. His whole misconception of Z is that it needs to be in a briefcase.He is very creative so I'm sure what ever he does will be a credit to him and the hobby ,so I just keep leading him. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:I have a friend here in Grand Rapids that I am slowly leading down the Z path. His whole misconception of Z is that it needs to be in a briefcase.He is very creative so I'm sure what ever he does will be a credit to him and the hobby ,so I just keep leading him. :mrgreen:
That's the spirit!! Keep trying to teach him that smaller is sometimes better!!!! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I think the most fun part of Z scale is when someone in the 40s/50s tell me they are to old for trains this small and I tell them about Thomas here in Michigan who is 76,or Jim in Ohio who is 85 and their Z scale layouts. Both of these guys are building and rebuilding their Z scale layouts. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

More Shapeway toys coming .These were designed by Walter Smith at my request.They will be company trucks for Kellett Transfer & Storage. If your wondering what the heck are they. They are Peterbuilt COEs.

[Image: Peterbuilt-Z.jpg]

I have not decided on a colour for them yet.

Now I need to build a Z scale version of Kellett Transfer & Storage. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Wow!! Nice detail on the cabs!! Smile Smile Great work all around Catt!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Walter did these and the N scale trucks in less than 24 hours.I feel quite fortunate to have friends like that. :mrgreen: I've tried to do this sort of thing and always end up doing Wallbang .
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"