My Z scale layouts from start to ???
The show layout gets it's first building .This is Kellett's Transfer & Storage.The building still lacks for some details but my total out of pocket to this point is $0.00. :mrgreen: I have till 1/2/16 to finish up the project.Our next show is 1/3/16.

[Image: Kellett-3.jpg]

[Image: Kellett-2.jpg]

[Image: Kellett-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Plotting out the dock parking area.Once I am happy with it these pieces will be taped together to make a pattern to cut out a one piece part that will be glued to the layout then have alignment blocks to hold the building and dock in place at train shows. I also need to figure out someway to make door sealers for the dock doors. The roof top ventilation equiptment is by Walter Smith and is available through Shapeways.He also has them in N scale.

[Image: Kellett-4.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nuther boring building update.Almost done needs trailer seals for loading dock doors,a couple hilos and some paint stripimg in front of the doors.Picture is a bit blurry I'll take the blame for that. :mrgreen:

[Image: Kellett-6.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

From the other end of the layout,that tomatoe red building is the one I originally built to go where the blue one is.It may not be used and /or it may not retain that red orange colour.

[Image: Kellett-7.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Building #2 is a bit more complete except for steps for the left hand door and a wheelchair ramp for the office door on the right end.(plus railings)I haven't given any thought to the parking area yet ,but since our next show is not till April 2016 I'm sure I will have something figured out.

Debating on wether or not I want to add a third building to the mix or even what it would/will be.I do know it would be across the road to the left of this one.

[Image: Building-2-a.jpg]

Almost forgot this one is a altered Pikestuff N scale building with Evergreen board and batten siding used for standing seam roofing.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

I started building a wheelchair ramp for building #2 today.It is extra long to make it easier for someone in a manual to ascend to the top platform. I will probably get the ramp itself done tomorrow then comes the fun of figuring out how in the heck am I gonna build safety railings for it. Wallbang

[Image: Building-2-c.jpg]

[Image: Building-2-d.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Love the color.
Mike

Ramp is done,now to figure out the railings.

[Image: Building-2-e.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Finally getting some progress going in bringing in the big Z layout from the garage.I will put a second coat of blue on in the morning (it really is blue :o ) Then get the wall brackets installed and hopefully on Monday I will have my Z layout next to the N scale layout.

[Image: Z_sky-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Today's progress,at this rate I may actually get the layout set up this week. :mrgreen: I am only about 8 months behind schedule. Wallbang

[Image: Z_sky-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

What! Eek Still not done? :wait: We were planning on stopping over this weekend for an operating session. 2285_
Mike

The layout is now attached to the wall.Going to just play with it for awhile then start modifying it.First modification is a 11.875" stretch on the right end.Seriously considering widening the layout 2".One thing that is definite is replacing all the track (MTL) with Rokuhan track and turnouts.

[Image: Z_sky-3.jpg]

This is how it currently looks all put together.

[Image: shotime2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

That looks great Catt! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Steve
That is so nice!! Smile Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???