My Z scale layouts from start to ???
Right now it is so very dirty.My project for tomorrow is clean it up and start running some trains. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Not running trains yet though I've run a few locos around it Got the stretching part done,still have quit a bit to do but I am making progress slooowly. Here's a pic showing the extension. By the way the layout is 6' 7.875" long now.exactly .125" shorter than planned darn. Wallbang

[Image: Z_sky-4.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Eek .125" short ? !!!! That's well over a foot in Z scale Wink Icon_twisted Goldth
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yeah Pete, I know things are really gonna be cramped. Wallbang 357
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Got up this morning and discovered that some of my get up and go came back.So I got started on the creek bed which has to be done before I can put the extension on.Here is my proof of progress pic

[Image: Z_sky-5_creek-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Little more progress today.I got the creek painted (first coat) and did a little track planning.The track going over the creek will be going back to a factory to be built yet.

This is not the track I will be using as I'm planning a total upgrade to Rokuhan track.

[Image: Z_sky-5_creek-4.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Extension is built and temporarily clamped in place. I need it removable till I get that far corner done.I have decided to use the MTL track that I have to do the basic track layout till I can purchase all the Rokuhan track and turnouts to do it according to plan.

After looking at the extention set in place I regret shortening the thing 6 ". Wallbang Well I guess I will just have live with it. Nope

[Image: Z_sky-1_extension-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

You know you could change that layout to Nn3 and make it a logging or mining extension of the N scale layout! Just saying Misngth
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
"You know you could change that layout to Nn3 and make it a logging or mining extension of the N scale layout! Just saying Misngth "

Not a chance in you know where. Big Grin I am going to put the 6" I removed back on before I cut any Styrofoam though.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Just to show that I actually am working on the Z home layout here is a small update.I added the removed 6" back on the exstention and got the Styrofoam rough cut to size.In case you are wondering that is 4 pieces of half inch stacked up.The reason for that is I have a bunch left from when they sided the house but I have no 2" so I'm using what I have and not buying stuff I don't need. (there's a first time for everything Eek )

[Image: Z_sky-1_extension-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Just got the last piece of blueboard glued down about 15 minutes a go. I have the shelf made and installed for the power pack.No pictures yet as except for the shelf and two bar clamps it looks just like the last picture.

First train show for us is this Saturday so I need to spend a couple dayz cleaning up the show layout.

Not much progress but at least I am making progress. Applause
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"Not much progress but at least I am making progress. Applause "

Rub it in Catt !!!!!!! :wait: Worship
Mike

Mike, I have less than 6 hours in this layout in the last 3 months.Tomorrow I need to spend time on the current show layout (first show is this Saturday).
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt I have less the 6 hours on my layout in the 18 months! Wallbang
Mike

Some pictures from yesterday's show all of my Z scale show layout.Lower two pictures were taken by my friend John Kellett a fellow Zed-head. Thumbsup

[Image: GRV-show-10-15-16.jpg]

[Image: GRV-show-10-15-16-b.jpg]

[Image: GRV-show-10-15-16-a.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"