Harrington.
The latest arrival at Harrington - the exquisite Exactrail Trinity 64' TRINcool Refer:

[Image: IMG_1080.jpg]
The TRINcool being switched at the team-track.

[Image: IMG_1075.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1076.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1077.jpg]

I did have to clean the wheels on this particular freight car - quite dirty with tiny pieces of white styrene stuck to the wheels. With that said, these are excellent, smooth tracking, very well detailed models.

Jez
Jez,What a great addition to a great layout..Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Its about time I posted another update. I have not done a great deal to the layout, but Harrington had another outing to the TVNAM exhibition last weekend, so I had been busy preparing for that. A fellow modeller (More of a modelling guru actually) had suggested that the Transload siding could be used for other traffic. After playing around with the idea, here is what I have come up with (I realise that the freight cars and vehicles may not go together and that other unloading equipment would be required, but I have been experimenting):

[Image: IMG_1187.jpg]
5005 spots a shorty tank car on to the siding.

[Image: IMG_1192.jpg]
A hopper containing fine sand for a local glass manufacturer waits to be unloaded.

[Image: IMG_1195.jpg]
Another hopper containing a fine powder product sits ready to be emptied.

Still playing around with ideas, so more traffic to be added soon.

Enjoy and if you have chance, take a look at lawleystreet.com - my first attempt at a web site.

Jez
Well, its been a long time since Iv'e posted on the forum, so here is a quick update:

Harrington has been dusted of and a few small improvements have been made ready for the Derby, UK, exhibition next weekend. Another switching layout is in the process of being built ready for the TVNAM exhibition in June (Again in the UK).

Here are a few updated piccies of Harrington:
[Image: 605.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1324.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1333.jpg]

And a couple of teaser pictures of 'Lawley Street':
[Image: IMG_1619.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0503.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1620-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0498.jpg]

Enjoy.

Jez

LawleyStreet.com
Looking good Jez. Are those buildings painted in Humbrol Desert Sand by any chance?
Looks great, as mentioned just add some weathering and weeds and what have you. Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hi Jez,

Great to see Harrington again, always looks good. Also, it gave me the idea to use Walthers 'Magic Pan Bakeries' kit as the basis of Publix (plastics facility) on my new Deerfield Beach, FL

layout. Lawley St looks great too.

regards,

Mal
Layout videos - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Alcanman1">http://www.youtube.com/user/Alcanman1</a><!-- m -->

New Westbrook <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8888">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8888</a><!-- l -->
alcanman Wrote:...it gave me the idea to use Walthers 'Magic Pan Bakeries' kit as the basis of ....
Me too Big Grin
and great to see you back active.
Reinhard
Thanks Guys, will try to keep updates coming on the forum.

Jez

Lawleystreet.com
Jez,

This is my first look at your layout. Very nice indeed. Excellent detail.

Larry
Are those switch stands operational,or decorative?
Don Shriner
Purely decorative, the switches are operated by under the baseboard switch motors and push to make switches.

The switch stands are in kit form from Central Valley Models.

Jez