Harrington.
Hi Daniel,

The BNSF box car is an Exactrail 60' beer car - released quite recently.
I've managed to get some work done on Harrington over the past couple of weekends - the back-scene is nearly complete and I've been adding details to the loco servicing area.

Here we have the ex CNW GP35 switching out the diesel fuel tanks:

A few more pictures to follow shortly.
Scenes look really good. Really like the background photos. you've done a great job of blending these in.
Can you tell me where you got the industrial storage tanks and related items, or were these scratchbuilt?
Been looking for something very similar with no luck so far.

Thanks!!
Awesome looking layout. Great attention to detail. Looking forward to more photos.
Rob - Modeling the B&O & C&O into Chessie System in the Toledo, Ohio area in the late 60's - early 70's
Thanks for the comments guys. The industrial silos are a mixture of Walthers kits - Plastic Pallet industry and Magic Pan Bakeries. The fuel storage tank is from the European manufacturer Faller. All the detail parts are from various manufacturers - Bachmann SceneCraft, available here in the UK, are producing some excellent items at the moment, including the oil drums and CCTV cameras.

Here are a couple of favorite pictures from the weekend:

Really nice layout Thumbsup . I especially like the backdrop. It blends in perfectly. Could you post an overall shot of your layout, please?
Kurt
great work Thumbsup Thumbsup
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
Ok, last ones for the evening - A failed Genset, on loan/trial with RailAmerica, is switched on to the loco maintenance area:

The UP and RailAmerica engineers are scratching their heads over the failure - could be a long term problem.

Sorry, no overall pictures of the layout - I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
Very nice work! Your track looks excellent! Can't wait to see more Thumbsup

I bet the guys at UP aren't going to be happy with that Genset being down.
Mike
Maybe I missed it but,what size is Harrington?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thanks for the comments guys. Brakie, the layout measures 9 foot long by 18 inches wide. As you look at the layout from the viewing side, Harrington Industrial Plastics (The plastic pellet silos hide the run off to the hidden siding), the Team Track and the Transload shed sidings occupy the left hand side and the loco servicing area and run-round sidings occupy the right.

Here is a picture showing an overall view of the loco servicing area:

Brakie, the layout measures 9 foot long by 18 inches wide. As you look at the layout from the viewing side, Harrington Industrial Plastics (The plastic pellet silos hide the run off to the hidden siding), the Team Track and the Transload shed sidings occupy the left hand side and the loco servicing area and run-round sidings occupy the right.
--------------------------------
That's a lot of great layout in that space..The believability of the layout details says it all ..I especially like the motorcycle parked in a parking slot since its something you see every day during warm weather..

Well done! Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Well done Worship
Fine trackwork and the backdrop is just ... wonderful ... and so real. Thumbsup
What brand of track are you using? Turnouts numbers?
And by the way, thanks for you last answer, I've bought the BNSF Beer Car in the meantime along with those new fine waffle sides 60' box cars.
Hi again Daniel,

All the track-work is Peco code 83 and the turnouts are no.6.

I must admit, I love those Exactrail cars and I too have purchased a number of the 60' waffle sides. Now looking forward to the latest release combo door boxcars.

Jez
Thanks for your answer.
My ABOX cars are already on the way to France Thumbsup