Harrington.
Hello---that Rail America #5005 really gets around.Here's a shot of her taken during the summer of 2010 in my hometown,Hamilton Ontario

[Image: 2209013.jpg]
Great picture of 5005 - looks like I need to add a little more vegitation to the layout though. Wink
Here we have 5005 switching the latest rolling stock arrival on to the Team Track - an Exactrail 60' waffle side:
[Image: IMG_0827.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0828.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0829.jpg]
jeznew Wrote:Here we have 5005 switching the latest rolling stock arrival on to the Team Track - an Exactrail 60' waffle side...
Got mine too. They are real beauties.
Reinhard
Time for an update on Harrington: The layout was exhibited at the Nottingham (UK) Model railway show over the weekend, I'm very pleased to report that the layout ran flawlessly and seemed to be well recieved. Here are a few pictures taken at the show:

Length view of the loco servicing area:
[Image: IMG_0876.jpg]

A couple of general pictures showing the loco servicing area:
[Image: IMG_0908.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0899.jpg]

RA SD40 - 4048 is the indusry switcher, shown in front of the yard office:
[Image: IMG_0902.jpg]

50 foot hi cube boxcar ready for unloading at the team track:
[Image: IMG_0896.jpg]

And finally, an overall view of the layout set up and ready to go:
[Image: IMG_0869.jpg]

I appologise if you have already seen these pictures, as a similar post has been posted on another forum.

As always, comments and suggestions very welcome.
super, yery nice Layout Thumbsup
greeting from the blade city Solingen / gruß aus der Klingenstadt Solingen

Harry

Scale Z and N
jeznew,Post as many pictures as you want.. I doubt if you'll hear any complains.

That's a lot of railroading in a small area. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Nice to see your layout in activity Thumbsup
Interesting what can be done on such a layout. It tolds me that I should build something like that.
If you have more pictures to post you're of course Welcome
Daniel
Outstanding work! The placement of details is excellent Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Steve
I'n so jealous, wish mine was up and running...SOOON!!

Love the compact yet realistic balance you have, so much to take in in such a small layout, really enspiring and challenging at the same time.

So glad I have a Magic Pan Bakery kit I can "bash" into my plastics plant!! Now to figure out another use for my Asphalt plant and Medusa cement with would be needed on my layout!
Jeznew,

Very nice start. The details that are in place look like they really belong. Where did you find you 55 gallon drums?

Larry
Larry (Fast car), the black 55 gallon drums are from the British Scene-craft range from Bachmann. These can be found on ebay UK.
I had a visit from the Postman this morning, bring me 2 new locos resprayed and detailed by John Bezuyen of Southern Tier Modelworks. Following the RailAmerica theme, here are Rail-Link GP35s 2210 and 2211:

[Image: IMG_1016.jpg]
The locos sit on the stabling point along with my original RailAmerica GP35 5005. Fuel tank and truck weathering to be completed soon.

[Image: IMG_1019.jpg]
Awaiting their first assignments.

[Image: IMG_1017.jpg]
Comparison of fresh and faded paintwork. I asked John to weather the locos as work-stained and sun-bleached machines.

It wasn't long before the locos were allocated their first switch jobs:

[Image: IMG_1026.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1027.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1028.jpg]
2211 switches Harrington Industrial Plastics.

[Image: IMG_1029.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1030.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1032.jpg]
Whilst 2210 ran to the yard and collected a refer for the Team-Track.

Jez
Subtle and delightful, Jez.

You must be extremely pleased.

Jonte.
Speaking of subtle... I see even the rail tops are weathered at the ends of the line where they would get no wear... NAAAAICE!!!

Always learning things from you...

Callum