Progress Is Slow (New Layout)
I'm not sure if your using a flash but the color does look almost redish to me. It's very difficult to go to lighter once your color is dark.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
TrainNut Wrote:If that is Woodland Scenics Realistic Water, the color will fade with time. I always put a drop of blue food coloring in mine and when it first comes out, it's pretty vibrant but after a month or so, it fades and tones down.
Again, if that is WSRW, it will also shrink up as it dries giving you the opportunity to pour more in on top... this time with no coloring and that will help to lighten it up as well.

Thanks for the input.
It's about to the stage now where I could add a thin clear coat over it.
I may do that later today.

I'm really surprised how much of the WS water it's taken to fill that little pond.
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
As you add subsequent layers on top, it will briefly turn milky. Don't despair as that too will clear up as it dries. After you learn the quirks of it, you can really have some fun. This was my first attempt at making waterfalls...
[Image: image.php?album_id=6&image_id=440]
wgrider Wrote:I'm not sure if your using a flash but the color does look almost redish to me. It's very difficult to go to lighter once your color is dark.

I did a little color saturation on the pics when I downloaded them to the computer.
They look very washed out otherwise. It's quite possibly the saturation effect you're seeing.

I know it's tough to go light over dark, but I don't want the town water supply to look like a cesspool. :mrgreen:
CANNONBALL
TrainNut Wrote:As you add subsequent layers on top, it will briefly turn milky. Don't despair as that too will clear up as it dries.
I've heard that before about WS water.
I guess the trick is thin layers?
CANNONBALL
Yep. My first try with WSRW was a small lake. I wanted it to appear deep and so I believe I put about 15 layers down. It took some time but the overall goal was more or less achieved.
Well one thing I learned along time ago about this hobby is if your not happy about something you can always restart the scene, I've done over many areas of my layout with perhaps something I saw and liked or something that just didn't look satisfying. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
That's the spirit!