A few photos from a recent train trip...
Over the course of a week or so, I was able to capture several images of that diesel. It seems they used her for just about anything. I caught her on a transfer run out of the South Dunn Yards:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive007.jpg]

And on the same train later in the morning as it approached South Cayuga:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive010.jpg]

On another day, she was leaving Lowbanks with interchange traffic off the TH&B, doubleheaded with one of the Northshore's dirty old Mikes:
[Image: Somefreshphotos017.jpg]

The following day, I caught her solo on an eastbound, seen here approaching Indian Line:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive021.jpg]

...and again as she crossed Chippawa Creek:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive020.jpg]

This view, at Elfrida, is of the same coal train Andrew saw on the Maitland River bridge:
[Image: Somefreshphotos034.jpg]

They even had her working the warehouse track at GERN, in Port Maitland:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive005.jpg]

I got a few views at the Lowbanks shop and turntable, too, but I like this one of her resting (finally) on the north main near the Lowbanks station:
[Image: Andrewslocomotive054.jpg]

Talk is that all this was set-up and run-in testing, under contract from the CNR. There was an Alco technician on hand and also a representative from Montreal Locomotive Works, and a couple of big shots from CN and the EG&E (owners of the Northshore). That cab must've been pretty crowded, as the head-end brakeman was there, too, along with, for some reason, a fireman. I can't see that job lasting too long. Wink

Sure is a good-lookin' loco, 'though I was kinda surprised by the amount of smoke she makes, 'specially when startin'. Still, a darn sight cleaner'n those stinky old steamers.

Wayne
Doc---I'm really glad you were able to capture some great pictures of this beautiful locomotive---rumour is that it has left the EG&E and is now in the Ottawa area.I have to admit that the RS-1 diesel is a favourite of mine---unfortunately the Canadian National chose not to have any of these diesels on it's roster which is too bad as they would have looked great in the classic green and yellow paint scheme.I really hope there are some railfans of the Ottawa Algonquin and Georgian Bay who will post some pictures in her new surroundings.
cn nutbar Wrote:Doc---I'm really glad you were able to capture some great pictures of this beautiful locomotive---rumour is that it has left the EG&E and is now in the Ottawa area.I have to admit that the RS-1 diesel is a favourite of mine---unfortunately the Canadian National chose not to have any of these diesels on it's roster which is too bad as they would have looked great in the classic green and yellow paint scheme.I really hope there are some railfans of the Ottawa Algonquin and Georgian Bay who will post some pictures in her new surroundings.

Mr Nutbar...

The loco has arrived, but no new pictures as yet. Click here --> <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&p=71064#p71064">viewtopic.php?f=48&p=71064#p71064</a><!-- l --> for some additional ones in the vicinity of Lowbanks.

Wink

Andrew
Great tour of the EG&E....and some fabulous rolling stock to "dress" it up...!! I want to take a soldering iron to the only plastic gondola I have and see how it looks...The rest of those cars sure are excellent as well..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).