Pandorum Stage I
As it turns out, I didn't need to. I found a new metal blade for my reciprocating saw and circumcised that sucker! That was some thick-walled metal pipe! I'll post a pic later, as I haven't had time to download today's pics yet. I did get pics of my "supervisory staff", however! Thumbsup

I don't think I mentioned that the main lighting inside this trailer was originally gas in a double-mantle fixture installed in the dining area. :? I have pulled out more copper tubing that I thought possible, since the stove was also gas and of course, in those days, copper water piing as well. Might make a few cents off the recycle value. 8-)

Well, as the old joke goes, coffee break is over to back on my head... 35

Oh, and please tell me that I'm not the only one who can see those two pictures I think I finally got to post.
Yup, they’re visible now. Thumbsup Looks like you’re going to have plenty of room for the layout once the renovation work is taken care of.

Wayne
Ooopss...I'd been waiting for them to be on a new post.... :oops: Had to backtrack....
The place looks good.....Any danger of mud & stuff pouring down that foothill..??
Colorado would be one of my choices where to live...If I had my druthers...
Where is the layout gonna go..??
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Ooopss...I'd been waiting for them to be on a new post.... :oops: Had to backtrack....
The place looks good.....Any danger of mud & stuff pouring down that foothill..??
Colorado would be one of my choices where to live...If I had my druthers...
Where is the layout gonna go..??

No, there is an earth berm and a small gulley behind the back fence that doesn't show in the picture, but the water drains away into Oak Creek, just to the east of us.

The layout is going in that trailer that I am stripping out.
Aha...!!! A "movable" feast..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Aha...!!! A "movable" feast..!! Thumbsup
A "movable" feast........, wasn't that a line in one of the Jurassic Park movies?

2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Pictures !!! At Last !!!

Now we'll be able to share in the building of a new layout !!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Steamtrains Wrote:Aha...!!! A "movable" feast..!! Thumbsup
A "movable" feast........, wasn't that a line in one of the Jurassic Park movies?

2285_ 2285_ 2285_ Pictures !!! At Last !!!

Now we'll be able to share in the building of a new layout !!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

In my mind, the best line ever to come out of Jurassic Park was Goldblum's: "Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should, or that it's even a good idea." Thumbsup
"A Moveable Feast" is the title of one of E. Hemingway's novels...
It was the last novel he wrote, and the book was published posthumously in 1964.
Gus (LC&P).
Good to know. Maybe Hemingway would have been helpful pulling all the old paneling out of this monster.

I have discovered, in accordance with Murphy's Laws, that there is NOT a tool available for everything. :evil: Shoot

Bending and pulling 1/8 inch wall panels is like trying to wrestle Jello... Wallbang Wallbang
MountainMan Wrote:In my mind, the best line ever to come out of Jurassic Park was Goldblum's: "Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should, or that it's even a good idea." Thumbsup

Cheers

That, and "Life...finds a way".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
MountainMan Wrote:Bending and pulling 1/8 inch wall panels is like trying to wrestle Jello... Wallbang Wallbang

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

Wrestling Jello.................. Icon_twisted

That !!! sounds like a great "Olympic Sport" !! 357 357

Laughter is the best medicine, I feel much better now !!!
It's already an Olympic sport..!! They call it "Sumo Wrestling"..... 357
Gus (LC&P).
I understand that there are a few drinking establishments that have a pit full of jello for scantily-clad women to "wrestle" in ...
... for "red neck-style" entertainment.

(... of course, I've never never been in one myself ... I've only been told that they exist.)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:I understand that there are a few drinking establishments that have a pit full of jello for scantily-clad women to "wrestle" in ...
... for "red neck-style" entertainment.

(... of course, I've never never been in one myself ... I've only been told that they exist.)

You can do the same thing yourself with a bottle of Tequila, a water bed and a can of WD40...it's more fun if you bring along a girl... 8-)
The latest photos:

[Image: 100_0019.jpg]

Looking forward - door is to right. Windows stay and will be over work table, which will be under a staging yard. All other windows will be sealed and covered.

[Image: 100_0018.jpg]

Looking aft - air conditioner will move to roof and cool through skylight.

This is Merlin - a Maine Coon Cat. His maximum adult weight will reach 25 lbs. He's one of my supervisors, and best friends with my other.

[Image: 100_0013.jpg]

[Image: 100_0012.jpg]

This is Pele', the Volcano goddess. She is a Manx, therefore tail-less, and a handful-and-a-half. She's my other supervisor. They both miss the cabinets and counters because now they can't get into the remaining overhead storage bin where they used to lay and watch me. Big Grin

As you can see from the mess, I am gutting the trailer to the skin and framework, and will re-seal the rook, re-do the insulation, electrical wiring and sub-panel, and re-panel the inside prior to beginning the benchwork...and then the really fun parts begin! But I'm getting close to Stage II, despite the resemblance to something that looks like post-tornado footage. Thumbsup

I'm also learning a lot about our digital camera and how to move pics around... :?