Where do i begin???
I would consider a "lay-in" type ceiling and lights. Easy for one person to install it. The ceiling tiles come in 2" x 4" 2' x 2'. I prefer the 2 x 2. I don't think the materials are all that expensive. Of course, expensive is a relative term. Wink
I would echo Gary's suggestion of going with a suspended ceiling where you can remove the ceiling tiles easily, even if the cost and work is more. Previous owners built out our basement and put in drywall/wood ceilings in most areas - impossible to access pipes and electrical without removing drywall! They did do a suspended ceiling in the laundry room, but for some reason also nailed some random pieces of drywall to the ceiling joists - not sure why they did that.
Marc

Bar Extension - 5' x 2.5' N-scale layout plus two decks of shelf layout
Check the pipes. Lostock Junction has had 4 floods in the last couple of years. Nothing ruined on the layout and it's impossible to see where he patched the plaster. But you might want to locate well away from any pipes.
Most of my lighting is those desk lamps that you can move around, clamped to the Homasote. Some other lamps in fixtures scavenged from work that are bolted to the layout. You don't notice them after a while, but I sometimes wonder what visitors think.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Thanks for all the comments Guys,I almost forgot about this post :oops: I will most definately give give it more thought,now i just got to find some-one my area who does that kinda work.Since i still have no idea for a track plan yet,i can concentrate on getting this issue taken care of.
Don Shriner
Man if i had to kind of room to run trains my wife would never see me again. Unless she found me standing at the coffee pot from time to time.
Diesel Power