3 houses in Poughkeepsee,NY
Tonight is topping out ceremony

[Image: as4m4lscmtmv.jpg]
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
Absolutely excellent work.
Here in the States, when they get to the top of a large highrise buliding, they top it off with a pine tree or tree similar to a Christmas tree. Cheers
dwight77
My first thought was like Sumpter250, two spots for loading or unloading. The problem I see with that is that the #2 spot is too small for anything but a motorcycle or a Smart car. And why number them in the first place? If they were for handicap parking, by law, they'd need to be marked as such. So, I still go along with Sumpter and my first thought that these are temporary spots. If I were doing this project, I might be inclined to label these spots as, "for loading and unloading", or, "fifteen minute parking only". Apparent;y, the rest of the numbered spots are assigned to residents of these buildings.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hey !, it's Poughkeepsie, home of IBM, I took that into consideration before posting my response. Icon_twisted 357

it could simply be the way a "conflict" was resolved. ( No, your building uses the "2", and yours uses the "1" Big Grin )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Looks great..can't wait to see more please...Jerry
Cox,

here are the next pics Big Grin

The roof is done
[Image: 6egfukfm8mai.jpg]
[Image: uzhts78kmna.jpg]

And here the houses at their place on the layout with the parking lot made from 1mm plastic sheet.
[Image: lgqvxvwp7o8l.jpg]
I want to try the same way as Gary S discribes in his thread http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=17&t=4046
The triangular part of the parking lot, which here extends over the edge of the module will be put on the next segment.
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
Really nice work, Joerg, and welcome to The Gauge!

Welcome

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Joerg,

welcome here to the forum!
I love your fine and reality oriented modeling job - a really outstanding work! Many success for next steps!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Since the next steps to the house will repeat now, there are pictures of it again only if the street front is finished.
So now the parking lot, who is cut from a 1mm Styrene sheet.

[Image: e86cxevgb5wq.jpg]
Here an unmirrored excerpt from Gert Weinmann's picture of the entering.

Since the area in the original is not quite level, I have covered the whole area below with strips of 1mm. Previously, I've cut out the part of the entering.

[Image: 9cu3jwz2zt9r.jpg]

The entrance area is also taped over again with a 0.5mm plate. It gave me a base for further work in this area. All edges are beveled more or less in the asphalt area with the blade.

[Image: fti6zbnqobks.jpg]

Then I glued a strip 2x2.5mm as a curb.

[Image: sfdzztzhb6f.jpg]

The cracks between the curbs I scratched with the knife.

Directly in front of the entering there is a rainwater collector installed a little deeper. I've cut out that section of the entering and drinded the ground down there on a larger area to 0.5mm.

[Image: 2v9ubuw5azk9.jpg]

To let the edge in the step to the other asphalt surface not be quite so hard, I've glued there a 0.5mm stripbefore i glued in the whole thing.

[Image: shya6l14mk5x.jpg]

Then everything was plastered to pay off for small errors. Also, I have grinded the whole area in various directions for the wash, and scratched "cracks" with the knife tip.

[Image: eowsm78nv9fj.jpg]

Finally, I built the encirclement of the rainwater collector from Styrenestrips and filled them with putty. The grid will be a etched part. Then only the asphalt strip out on the road was missing that climbs from 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm.

[Image: 59l3vjxdi4e8.jpg]

The coming days I will do the wash. Let's see if it looks like the parking lot of Gray S. in his thread.
He gave the Instruction to make it as I did. Thanks to him.

Btw. I hope my translations are not to far from how it has to be
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
Boy, that looks like fun. Great job, I love your step-by-step progress shots. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Joerg, that is some fantastic modeling. Worship Worship Can’t wait to see it finished.
Kurt