The New Layout
Nice looking progress. Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Small changes make a huge difference. Got the Fascia painted today, now back to the trees.

[Image: IMG_20131110_152738.jpg]
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures
Nice! I think we used the same color! Thumbsup
Great job Devon. I varnished my fascia but I like the dark green better. I think mine will get a similar treatment, and like you I need trees trees trees.
Charlie
Yes, the green fascia is a perfect fit.
Reinhard
Looks great! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I got tired of staring at white.....And solid blue skies. The colours are not really an issue as they will be covered by hundreds of tree's

[Image: IMG_20131128_214518.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131128_214532.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131128_214547.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131128_214552.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131128_214556.jpg]

Nice work, it makes all the difference Thumbsup

Cheers,

Kev
Such is life
Well, as some people know this layout is no more. I have relocated for my work back to Alberta. They good news is the new basement has a wide open basement.... So the plan should be along some time soon. In the mean time here is the video I did a while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxBy2ZEBvUI

Tearing down a layout is a downer , been there done that . Hopefully your new place gives you a chance to build another .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
That's too bad you are/were doing good stuff. However this may be an opportunity to add to your skills
on the next one.
Well since I only seem to post a couple of times a year. I will try to make a more concerted effort. I do keep updating the blog so maybe I will change it around to keep it easier. And now for something completely different.

Well, as some know I have moved for my work. This meant taking this layout apart, which wasn't too bad since I spent the last few years working away from home most of the time. Now for the good part, a new house and a new basement. With No obstructions or walls to get in my way.... This time though I am not designing my layout, Bob Sprague at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.annapolisjunctionrr.com/">http://www.annapolisjunctionrr.com/</a><!-- m --> is helping me this time.

Here is the rough mainline configuration, there is still all the industries and details to add. Here is a rough Google map of the territory that is being used. Though I am only planning on modelling from Wilkes-Barre to Lehighton. The plan is based on Lehigh Valley, just adapted to the free lance EH&S. Which also means I have a bunch of motive power that doesn't need to be repainted Smile

[Image: line.PNG]
[Image: Layout%2BRough.JPG]

Why I like swap meets....
Went to the local spring swap meet today in Edmonton, and wasn't disappointed. There was the usual people asking retail for used junk from 1995. Then I found 4 tables of N Scale being manned by two sisters and their mother. Their dad had passed away and they were clearing out the estate, and WOW! He had a large collection 3 2'x8' tables of stuff stacked 5 or 6 jewel cases high, and there is apparently more at home. They did at least do some research to make sure they weren't being taken advantage of, which I have seen before in Winnipeg. Still worked out to $25 a locomotive, and 4 have decoders already in them.
[Image: 20160319_151323.jpg]

Now granted this gentleman had an interesting way of painting the units as seen below. I am not sure if it's nail polish or thick testers paints from Walmart. It's a good thing these are being stripped and painted into my own roads colours. The GP-9's are just for the DCC ready chassis & motors for some existing units I have.
[Image: 20160319_151402.jpg]

I guess I better get the workbench setup and start working on the layout construction soon.

About that workbench....
Well, the workbench is up. Now to unpack everything that goes on or around it. Then to build a new spray booth.

[Image: 20160406_180245.jpg]
[Image: 20160406_212636.jpg]
[Image: 20160406_222145.jpg]

Well now that I have a new workbench in place, it was time to do something. So why not paint 18 locomotives, first we have to get rid of the gobs of paint their previous owner used to make them all some weird form of CN. There was so much paint on some of these engines that it seeped through the body and chassis and became glue. Took about two hours to separate all the frames and bodies, so now while the painting is happening all the chassis will be stripped and cleaned as well.

[Image: 20160409_203339.jpg]