BEAUTIFUL work on the control panel! Worship Worship Worship Worship
Ralph
Thanks, Ralph. And Mike too, sorry, I didn't notice your post earlier! :oops:

Here's a couple of fresh shots, this is what it looks like right now:

[Image: 2331_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2332_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2333_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 2334_w1200.jpg]

I've finished soldering all the wires to the switches, but as you can see, there's still a lot of wiring and connecting to do. Frankly, I'm beginning to fear that I won't be able to finish it all by deadline tomorrow morning...

Svein
That looks good Thumbsup Don't worry about the deadline. Nobody of us has a clue when it will be tomorrow morning in Norway (except Stein but he will be silent Wink )
Reinhard
Good work, Svein!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Thanks guys! That's true, Reinhard, even if I don't make it all the way, this challenge has really been a great kick in the butt to get me going. I think I have made good overall progress here, and have come a long way since January. And that was sort of the idea from the beginning, wasn't it Wink Big Grin

Svein
OK, so I'm a day too late. I confess, I failed the challenge... :oops:

Anyway, here's the finished control panel:

[Image: 2337_w1200.jpg]

I must admit, when I decided to join this challenge I had no idea how much work it would actually demand of me. But I suppose that's a good thing, if I knew, I'd probably never have got on with it in the first place..! 357 Even if I missed the deadline, I'm happy with what I've accomplished during these months, and I'm glad I decided to join in.

The moment of truth is still to come though, I haven't made the final connections between the panel and the layout yet, and checked that it actually works. Also, when combining AC and DCC on the same panel one has to take extra care not to mix up any wires, so I'll better triple check everything before turning on the power for the first time. Wish me luck..!

Svein
Nicely done !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks, Mike, Now, if that darned thing would actually work too, then I'll be a happy man Smile We'll see later today, first we have to take a trip to the LHS before they close down for the easter holiday. Man, I'm so sick and tired of wiring right now..!

Svein
One final update in this thread. Today I finished the last connections, cleaned the track and vacuumed the layout before testrunning. I am pleased to say that everything went smooth, and even better than I hoped for! No pickup problems through the turnouts, and no mixed wires, the control panel worked flawlessly! Cheers

Thanks to all who followed me during this project! Smile

Svein
Congratulations!

Smile,
Stein
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup We never had a doubt about it working ! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string