And now for something different !
Any progress?
I just now saw this thread...

HOLY COW!!!! Thumbsup

Amazingly wonderful work! I second the request for an update.
Got to get some more pics for an update ....roof is on , lights are in the interior part ( no field lights installed yet ) .......I glued in a couple hundred steps ( to the seating areas ) and the upper deck is painted ( light grey ) ....railings are the big holdup now and are required before seats are installed ,.....coming along pretty good although , like any project , there are unforseen snags and hurdles . I'm not going in for a couple of days but hope to get more pics by Monday .

In the last pic , previous page , the roof wasn't secured ...underside had to be painted . That's done and roof is permanent .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
An update
Most of the first coat of grey paint is on ..

[Image: ebbets021.jpg]

[Image: ebbets022.jpg]

You can see the louver detail on the upper part of the outside skin ( below ) ....lower skin obviously not on yet . Louvers are made by laser but "opened" individually by hand ( yep , takes time !)
[Image: ebbets023.jpg]

Some of the interior detail..... catwalks ,guy wires , another pic of the louvers etc .
[Image: ebbets024.jpg]
Coupla night baseball shots ...lights are all soldered in the interior , exterior lighting to come ...

[Image: IMG_20120418_144421.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120420_162114.jpg]

T
While the size is overwhelming. The details are great too. This photo "Some of the interior detail..... catwalks ,guy wires , another pic of the louvers etc " says it all Thumbsup
Reinhard
Looking good Teejay.
Brian

Beautiful Southern Ontario
A really awesome project!!! Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Waveof7 Cheers Cheers
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Absolutely stunning!
Glad you guys like what you see ......it's been a real experience to work on .

The next stage is the railings ....don't know how Mark does it but he secured a drawing of how the railings were situated , and they are burgundy in colour . Several railing jigs have been made and we will be getting to that next ( soldered brass wire .032 ) , then the seats installed , outer skin , the field ( pool felt is out - artificial grass product is in because the field looks like stripes when mowed which we will duplicate ) ......about 8-10 weeks to go .

T
The size, quality, and attention to detail is amazing.

I'm at a loss for words....
All I can say is WOW. I bet if you wanted to, you could run those Marklin car system wires through the field, and have the baseball players "play the game". This layout must rival Miniature Wonderland over in Germany.

Better not give your customer any ideas.....

btw, I do love your company's El kits. our club has an HO Two track basic starter viaduct that they were using to test for a possible El on our layout (myself and a few others being heavily invested in commuter equipment), but i'm still looking for a way to incorporate it. Fantastic stuff!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Glad you like the El Kits .....and the N scalers really like them . I built a curved one in HO for a customer and it was a lot of fun ...really sets the scene .

We are in the process of scratch building a 2 story refreshment stand . In the real Ebbets there was a refreshment/hot dog stand in the left field corner ....can't tell if it was 2 story from all our pics but Mark designed it that way and I ended up painting , detailing and decaling it . There are access ramps and lights to be installed . The theme with all the triangles is similar to an actual Ebbets theme in another eating area over the rotunda which we are now building ....more on it in a few days as I'm only partly done that one .

[Image: ebbets025.jpg]

[Image: ebbets026.jpg]

There are M & W bathrooms as well as kitchen doors . We have photos of people in the structure but they didn't show up on my lousy photography . Lots of details being added at this time .

T
Those are nifty details in the large structure!