And now for something different !
faraway Wrote:How about posting a photo of the entire team here? The team will get the response it deserves Thumbsup

HERE! HERE! Thumbsup You guys did amazing work. I hope some day the anonymous owner will allow photos of the layout with your amazing creations featured.

Ralph
This build cost 6 figures and he still has more money for the polo grounds??
Let me guess---Bill Gates or maybe Rod Stewart.Outstanding work,well worth the money.
...he has more money for Polo Grounds , then Old Yankee Stadium , and then Empire State Building ( 23 feet high in O scale ) then some Liberty ships ....it boggles the mind .

Well , I got a call from my uncle talking about my picture in the paper ( but calling me Gerry instead of Terry ) ....what the ? .........turns out the home delivery version of the paper is different form the online version . I haven't BOUGHT the paper in 15 years ...lousy delivery service . It was a full page on the project and certainly a feel good story for our area after all the doom and gloom regarding our unemployment rate being highest in Canada etc etc .

Thankfully the paper got Joe Lemay in the pic but left out the other Mark as well as Bob .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Update :

Things have slowed due to a change of plans ......customer will be arriving at end of August rather than end of July ....don't know why but ,I have seen limited work involvement in the last 2 weeks due to other issues at home .

[Image: ebbets066.jpg]

The actual ballpark is done ...some surrounding details ( roads , ramps ) are in the process .

[Image: ebbets068.jpg]

the road runs completely around the park , will have a sidewalk as well as streetcar tracks
Infield is mostly done with grass going in next week .

[Image: ebbets069.jpg]

[Image: ebbets067.jpg]

the hole near second base is a hatchway for the customer to pop through while sitting on a stool , so as to be part of the game ....HE wanted this feature

[Image: ebbets070.jpg]

not a good pic of the field lights ( I'll post a better one later ) but all seven towers are now functional .

T
This project just boggles my mind! Eek Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I'm just wondering about getting it across the country in one piece, then wondering how people in California will take to having Ebbet's Field in their backyard.

Tyson Rayles Wrote:This project just boggles my mind! Eek Worship
Boggling one's mind is an understatement. This truly is a museum quality piece. Cheers Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don , the model separates into 3 pieces .....designed that way ,,,,and will stack a certain way in a truck . I still think there will be some repairs necessary after the long trip . There are areas that I think are a little too fragile to go unscathed . Maybe I'll be wrong on that .

The infield and surrounding road will all unbolt for the trip and be reassembled out in CA. Joe did a nice job of designing all that part of it .

T
Impressive how the model dwarfs usual tools like drill and an electric cord roll!!! Habitually, it's the contrary!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Teejay, what happened to this model? Was it in a fire or something?
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Teejay, what happened to this model? Was it in a fire or something?
Charlie
I guess it has been delivered to the customer. But I would be interested in photos of the next project they are working on. May be anonymous too if required.
Reinhard
It was delivered to the customer last October . He's a Californian and very private .

T
Here it is in its new home (we didn't have the infield grass down yet in this picture). This is just one corner of this massive O-scale layout ....

Mark.

Attached Files Image(s)

Holy Mackerel! That is going to be some kind of layout!!! Thanks for the glimpse Mark. I hope the private owner is willing to share more as the layout develops around that excellent model of Ebbets Field!