Depression
Matt,

I'm not sure I can add anything to the already excellent and insightful posts except this...anyone who has the guts to vent or otherwise post their thought and feelings on a forum like this about seriously difficult problems is a fighter just looking for some support from their corner. You took a chance to post what was really going on - not just the bright and happy stuff like we can all do sometimes - and that's a risk. So just like the guys at ringside, we're going to tell you to remember how much you've got going for you, how much of a fighter you are, and to get back into the ring and land some punches.

Like so many have said before...I'm just one of the many who are here for support. Sure everyone's got troubles, but most people don't have anywhere to turn. I'm glad that within this community, there are many people who will gladly read through your troubles with a kind heart and offer support and prayers for help to fly your way.

I sincerely hope you can find the help you need - and things work out. Maybe I can't ease the pain, or provide one more minute of sleep...but at least you should know that there's a bunch of people, myself included, who really do care and are genuinely hoping relief comes your way, and maybe most importantly, will always remind you that you're not alone.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
The support that I have received has been like a breath of fresh air. I appreciate everyones advice, and sharing your stories with me. Thank you all.
I have fired my attorney, and retained a new one.
I had a visit with the doc today and got him to get off his duff and show me some results. I am scheduled for an MRI/Arthrogram, which will provide definitive results as to the integrity of the TFCC in my right wrist. I am also being scheduled for a test that measures the conductivity of my nerves in my shoulders, elbows, and arms. This will help determine if there is a definitive problem with ulnar nerve distribution.
I have also been prescribed 2 anti-depressants, which I am still getting used to. My mood is improving, but they effect my gross motor skills, and to a lesser extent, my cognitive function (not to mention the damper they place on intimacy).

Herc, your words were priceless. I felt like I was just whining, until you gave me another prespective. Thank you.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Sounds like things are looking up Matt.

We all fall down every once in a while. Sometimes we can get up on our own. Sometimes we need others to help us get back up.

Stay strong bro! Thumbsup
Matt,
Your situation is exactly what I went through.
I can tell you from experience that it does get better. (especially once you get the insurance company and Lawyers out of your life.) That was one of the most stressful and humiliating times of my life.
It took me awhile to adjust to my new circumstances and to realize that it was an opportunity to head in a new direction, not a dead end.
Hang in there, better days are coming.
Ray Marinaccio
Matt-Let me just say this-you are not alone.I was diagnosed with chronic depression some three years ago.My mood swings got so bad that my wife gave me a choice-get help or get out.I too am on two anti-depressants. It took some trial and error before a good combination was found.
Just hang in there Matt.
FYI-two things I found that help -
1.A good therapist
2.Try keeping a journal. Nothing fancy.Just a plain notebook where you can write down your thoughts.
PS -I'm a good listner if you ever want to talk. Bob
Not that any of you are looking to it, or needing it, but I would like to offer my sincere compliments to all who have responded to this gentleman offering solace, commiseration, and help. The world is stil populated with decent people. It is they who are legion, and not the others.

To the originator, God be with you. Look to contentment with small successes to bring yourself back.

-Crandell