Big Steel! Update Feb 15/09
Thanks so much Matt and Tetters. This has been a very interesting project so far.

Matt, I know what you mean. For some reason I have always gravitated to industrial-type places. I do actually find them beautiful, not in the conventional sense of course.... I don't know, I can't really explain it. It just appeals to me somehow.

cheers
Val
Dang Val that turned out to be a beauty!! Thumbsup Cheers
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Looking real good Val.
Thumbsup Thumbsup
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->
I agree with all that's been said Val, it is a great likeness to the original,.... and all bashed.
I even have difficulty with kits where everything is laid out before me and all I have to do is Read the bl##dy instructions.
I dips me lid to you. Thumbsup
You certainly have the knack.

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
has anyone built the new walthers rolling mill yet? im just curious. i just got mine last week from my lhs . it looks really awsome! however i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of it assembled or any tips or tricks on how to assemble it. thanks very much.

todd
csiguy68 Wrote:has anyone built the new walthers rolling mill yet? im just curious. i just got mine last week from my lhs . it looks really awsome! however i was wondering if anyone had any pictures of it assembled or any tips or tricks on how to assemble it. thanks very much.

todd

Not yet - my 2 are still in the box. Walthers instructions are usually very good so I would just reccommend following them closely.

cheers
Val
Val....Good to see you "surface"....Long time no see....Guess you got sidetracked by Life....Hope to see you back soon with updates on that wonderful build.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Someone, whom shall remain nameless, has been lurking, but not keeping us updated.
Come on Val, we miss your posts.
Charlie
Yes, I knew the Gauge was missing someone! Val whats-up? Hows the steel mill going??? We want some updates and some new pics out of you Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Hi folks - thanks a lot for your interest in my whereabouts -- or, are you just interested in the steel mill? Smile Smile

I have been busy with other things lately. I put in a bigger garden last spring, and was tied up with that, and cottage visits during the summer. As well, I'm taking care of my elderly mom, and have been dealing with that. I also have another (non electrical) hobby, collecting 1/6 army dudes, and building dioramas for them has occupied most of my spare time.

I did manage to get the reprint of Neil Freytag's book on steel that was re-issued through the NMRA, plus Wayne has loaned me a massive tome on steelmaking. I hope to get started on the blast furnace in February this year.

cheers
Val
Dear Val,
It really was you we missed, but by saying "Steel Mill" we figured it wouldn't go to your head. Icon_lol
Charlie
Cheers Good to see you again!
Ralph
Awww.... thanks Charlie!!
We, (I) have so missed your postings! Good luck with your mom. I went through that, too, several years back.
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Val---good to have you back on track---hope to see some of your layout soon