Building my CN/G&M Dash 9-44CW
Very nice work Catt!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks Mike,I am enjoying the project while I am waiting for some fishermen to arrive for a certain creek. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
And speaking of creeks I'm getting ready to add another one to the layout. Catt's Creek as a nice ring to it don't you think? 219
Mike

"And speaking of creeks I'm getting ready to add another one to the layout. Catt's Creek has a nice ring to it don't you think? 219 "

Yup. Icon_lol
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Just so everybody knows this isn't a lost project here are a couple pics showing latest progress.

[Image: dash-8.jpg]

and the other end showing where most of the work has been.

[Image: dash-9.jpg]

Latest goodie bought is a Digitrax DH123AT decoder which comes with a wiring harness that makes a decoder install on a blue box loco almost a plug and play install.I wanted sound but it will have to wait. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Looking good Catt ! Thumbsup
Mike

Thank's Mike.

I just wish I could find the rest of my detail parts for it. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Just buy more and the day they arrive you will find the ones you already had ! Icon_lol
Mike

Got the DCC installed and working last night.I still need to decide what I want for lighting though I am sure it will be some form of LEDs.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catt Wrote:Got the DCC installed and working last night.I still need to decide what I want for lighting though I am sure it will be some form of LEDs.

With DCC, I would recommend 1.5 V Grain-Of-Rice bulbs, wired in parallel, with two diodes ( approx .7V across each diode ) in series . LEDs are usually too bright, and the wrong color.
the diodes limit current through the bulbs. Mount the bulbs in 1/8 " Aluminum tubing, mounted in the loco body, and there should be no light "Through-the-plastic" .
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Latest update on the G&M Dash-9.

Installed most of the grabs on the cab ,have four more to do but I still have not found any ladder grabs for the hood and the grabs above the winsheild would be in the way when installing wipers.Judging from the looks of it I will be making new different style front and back railings before this project is finished.

[Image: dash-10.jpg]

[Image: dash-11.jpg]

Still have aways to go yet,but I am in no rush to get her done.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Your progress is looking good Catt!
Mike

Catt Wrote:Mike,I have done the same loco in N scale.I still need to remove the AC from the N scale version,as of yet I have not found a glue that work on the Delrin (handrails) plastic.

John,I read that Woodland Scenics has a glue that supposedly works on those Delrin handrails.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pinecar.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/P381/page/1">http://pinecar.woodlandscenics.com/show ... 381/page/1</a><!-- m -->
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Here's the latest update on this project.It has been slow going but I am in no big rush to get it done.I am replacing the Athearn end handrails with some CSX style .The engineer's long hood side is stock Athearn but because of the mods to the other side the railing will be custom formed.That is not a challenge I am ready for at the moment. Eek Nope

[Image: dash-12.jpg]
Did the conductor's side this afternoon and evening.Now all I need is the rear railing done.

[Image: dash-13.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"