woolacombe layout at 7/8 th scale
On my new layout, I do the footprint in the snow.
franckcombe Wrote:On my new layout, I do the footprint in the snow.
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
Just remember, "snow" boots leave a larger print than "regular" boots... :evil: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Modeling in HO scale, the thought of modeling in 7/8th scale is mind boggling. Where I would only have to make a 2.7mm long, boot shaped, impression, you would almost have to model the tread pattern on the boot before making the "footprints" Eek Wink Smile
Correct me if I am wrong, but.....the average Boot, in 7/8ths scale would be about 2.25cm long ?? a "person" would stand about
14cm-17cm tall ? ( I may be off a bit, as metric is not as familiar to me, as inches and feet )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I add a new loco to my layout : a Ruston. It's not completly finish and paint. A Lister and and Ransom and Rapier will follow.

[Image: IMG_2649.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2650.jpg]
Absolutely amazing!
Reinhard
I just finished the loco. The photos are too exposed but it's my fault.

Here the result :

[Image: IMG_5755.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5754.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5753.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5752.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5751.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5750.jpg]
Hi frankcombe

An outstanding model Thumbsup

Great detail, however, I particularly admire the weathering you've applied especially the rusting. I'm guessing the hairspray technique using acrylics?

Unfortunately I can't use this process as I work in enamels so Have to make to do with Maskol which is far more laborious, although I believe Humbrol has a product awaiting imminent release which facilitates this technique using enamels.

The salt technique apparently works for some irrespective of the chosen medium, just not for me.

Still interested to know and thanks for sharing.

jonte
jonte Wrote:Hi frankcombe

An outstanding model Thumbsup

Great detail, however, I particularly admire the weathering you've applied especially the rusting. I'm guessing the hairspray technique using acrylics?

Unfortunately I can't use this process as I work in enamels so Have to make to do with Maskol which is far more laborious, although I believe Humbrol has a product awaiting imminent release which facilitates this technique using enamels.

The salt technique apparently works for some irrespective of the chosen medium, just not for me.

Still interested to know and thanks for sharing.

jonte

Thank you for the comment.

For the technique, I use Humbrol enamel with airbrush. Then when it still wet, I cover with rust pigment and with powder of dry pastel to reach the discolouration I want. Don't hesitate to overdo because When you spray vanish on it after, it's destroying most of the effect of the pigment. Then I spray a coat of mat vanish. After with a small foam dip in a dark brown acrylic, I do the small spots of rust. It's quite long but efficient for me. I hope this help you.

Don't hesitate to visit the various forum focused on afv modeling, they are far more in advance than us in train.
A pleasure, frankcombe, and thanks for the prompt response.

Interesting; I've mixed powder/talc with enamels before to give some texture to the rust coloured paint but this it's very much trial and error. Not heard of this method before so thanks; I agree: these guys are light years ahead Thumbsup

Regards,

jonte
Franck,

great modeling and weathering! An outstanding model again!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I'm testing new sound for loco with zimo dcc sound.

For those who want to see the layout in flesh, For the end of 2014 and until mid 2015 I will do some exhibitions in Europa :

13 14 september 2014 à Gennevilliers in France

8 9 november 2014 at Expo-Trains at Luxembourg

10th & 11th January 2015 St Albans model railway exhibition (London)

20-21 mars 2015 Linter (Belgium)

19/20/21 june Great Central Railway (Leceister UK)

Then I will sale my layout and I will run on exhibitions my new layout from Norway theme.
I add two clients for the crab shack

[Image: IMG_5938.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5939.jpg]
perhaps I missed this in earlier pages, but how are your figures created? they're exceptionally realistic and very very nicely detailed.
AS always Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The figures are not mines, I'm a dummy in figures. A friend bought it from american figures I suppose.
I will exhibit the 10th & 11th January 2015 at St Albans model railway exhibition (London). Si I need to have more typical british locomotive to show. I have to paint my lister.

I have also a new project. On Rumanian narrow gauge there are plenty rail trucks or rail cars like that

[Image: 1-1.jpg]

It's plenty of atmosphere. The germans done it also with combi VW. So I decided that I need also to have mine. I doodle between combi, austin mini, ...

But there is always prototype that exists so I did some reaserch and I found this

[Image: 2-1.jpg]

[Image: 3-1.jpg]

In fact Canadian national did 5 cars like that for inspection car. So if Canadians did that, I could do it for my narrow gauge.

This is my unfinished version with HLW motor, esu decoder. I need to paint it, weather it a little, add sticker on it, a surfbord because it will be the rail car of the local surf club (Woolacombe bay is famous for surfing)

[Image: 4-1.jpg]

[Image: 5-1.jpg]