woolacombe layout at 7/8 th scale
Always something "new" . . . . . and a bit unusual 2285_ Cheers Cheers Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
50 years ago, my best friend found that if he deflated the tires on his Mini, it would just fit on the railway tracks. I didn't go with him.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Here my two last locos for my next exhibition :

The lister motorized by my friend with a dcc decoder

[Image: IMG_5984.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5982.jpg]

The mini for the woolacombe bay surf scool :

[Image: IMG_5978.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5977.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5974.jpg]
Here the details of the motorization.

[Image: IMG_3473.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3472.jpg]
Cool and unique stuff.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Interesting stuff, love the mini, i see your at the same exhibition as I am, St Albans, will have to have a closer look, great work Thumbsup

Ray
I went at Saint Alban exhibition. It was a super exhibtion. I meet few english friends like Gordon and Maggy Gravett, Christopher Payne, ... I learn a lot about to do building, forced perspective, ... I learn also how to do herbs with Maggy Gravett herself in french !

I had the opportunity to met also 7/8th scaler.

I come with Jean-Pierre Duval, my french friend that design and built the mack 2 tons.

I meet two teenagers at the exhibitions : Jamie and Josh. They was very pleased with the layout, so I left them the throttle during the 2 days. They were very efficient and studious. For my part I love to design and built a layout but not to run it.

[Image: IMG_6364.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6360.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6355.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6341.jpg]
Great and beautiful work..!! Thumbsup
Do you use powders for the rusty areas..??
Look forward to seeing more..!!
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Great and beautiful work..!! Thumbsup
Do you use powders for the rusty areas..??
Look forward to seeing more..!!

For rusty area I use powder, then matt vanish, then micro painting with a small sponge with acrylic matt brown
Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
I just come back from an exhibition in Belgium at Linter. It was a small exhibition but with an high level of layouts.

It's a rural village and one of the speciality is the beer, a drink highly appreciate by my driver. So my driver decide to promote this excellent beverage.

[Image: IMG_3676.jpg]

For the fun my friend add a pelican that stolen the fishes

[Image: IMG_6599.jpg]

There is also a fight between the seagul and the pelican

[Image: IMG_6581.jpg]

There are also 2 beautifull animals that took place in the boat

[Image: IMG_6580.jpg]

I add also during the exhibition a seagull on the top of the house and droppings

[Image: IMG_6573.jpg]

Like you can see I'm not a serious modellers and in Belgium they have a special sense of humour.
Franck, lovely work! You do magic with effects, lighting and flawless modelling.

I agree, small belgian exhibits are always friendly place to go to see high level work. I remember touring many of them when I was an exchange student there back in the mid 2000s.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Two articles on this layout is published this month :

on Schmale Spuren 1 / 2015 in German

[Image: image.png]

on Train Miniature magazine N° 146 in French and Netherlander

[Image: coverTMM146kl.jpg]
Now it's time to retire this layout. I have plan to go at 19/20/21 june Great Central Railway (Leicester UK) but for personal reason I can't.

So I will offer this layout to my friend Jean-Pierre that help me and share with me 5 exhibitions in France and Europe.

I want to thank all the persons that participate to this topic and help me to improve the layout by their critics and supports during 2 years. It was also a great pleasure to meet them also in flesh during the various exhibitions.

Now it's also time to finish my other layout "vestvagoy" quickly because my club will be closed at the end of June.

So i will continue model railroading but at home in my apartment. With such lack of space, I have to downsizing my next project, so I will start my new project at 009 scale with a layout located in Morocco in 1917.
I am sad to see this layout go...
I look forward to seeing what new "magic" you perform on the new layout. Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).