Superstorm Sandy
I am missing a sign from bdw9535? I thought he is from NJ?
Reinhard
horrible pictures of storm damage and it's victims.
My sympathy is to them.
What a force of nature.
greetings from northern Germany
Joerg

Indiana City, my layout
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=5379
I don't know exactly what area Bruce is in but I think he is right close to where the eye hit. I'm hoping the worst he has suffered is a power outage. He is probably helping folks get things back together.
Charlie
faraway Wrote:I am missing a sign from bdw9535? I thought he is from NJ?
His profile says "South Jersey" so yeah - he was "close" to where it hit......
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Jersey is a complete mess right now .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
^Jersey was always a mess

[Image: new_jersey_beach_before_sandy_vs_after-172519.jpg]

8-)
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Sandy is raising hell with Lake Michigan which is 45 miles west of me.Down by Benton Harbor they were getting 40'+ waves this morning.Local news was showing film of Lake Michigan at Holland and Grand Haven and there were 20-25' waves there and this was yesterday afternoon.

Itb has been a little gusty here in GR but not to bad yet though it is raining .
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I tried to contact Gary Pfeil (jglfan), in Boonton NJ, but no response. I hope it's just a case of the power being out.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I tried to contact Gary Pfeil (jglfan), in Boonton NJ, but no response. I hope it's just a case of the power being out.

Wayne

That doesn't surprise me, as of yesterday, there were still millions of homes without power. I'm sure communication lines are also disrupted and so, even with power restored, they may not be able to use a phone or the Internet for a while after that. I wish the best for them all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
My energy company told us Nov 5th until the power comes back on, other areas are listed as the 7th
Tom

Model Conrail

I've got a friend who lives n Queens - and from the photos I saw things are bad there. I suspect it will be a few days before I hear from her. This is a very major storm, and I feel horrible for those who are dealing with it now, and will be dealing with it for months or years.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Just a note to let all know that Les (Lester Perry) has made it through okay, despite about 9" of rain.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Just a note to let all know that Les (Lester Perry) has made it through okay, despite about 9" of rain.

Wayne

Good to know, one down several to go
Tom

Model Conrail

doctorwayne Wrote:Just a note to let all know that Les (Lester Perry) has made it through okay, despite about 9" of rain.

Wayne
That's great, I was concerned since Les looked like he was right in line but a ways inland from where it hit.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
"ezdays" wrote: "That's great, I was concerned since Les looked like he was right in line but a ways inland from where it hit."

"Catt"wrote: "Sandy is raising hell with Lake Michigan which is 45 miles west of me.Down by Benton Harbor they were getting 40'+ waves this morning.Local news was showing film of Lake Michigan at Holland and Grand Haven and there were 20-25' waves there and this was yesterday afternoon."

Benton Harbor!, Holland, and Grand Haven !! Now THAT, is a bit "Inland" from where it hit. !!! Eek 357

Just when we think we have it all figured out, Nature steps in with a " Nope "Oh no you don't !" moment otherwise known
as " Perfect Storm II " Eek Eek Icon_twisted Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!