Freelance 2013
After watching loads of videos from Vernon and on Gensets in LA I must say with the changes back you have nailed it perfectly. The scenery, colors, shades and details look dead on!
Thanks ill have to give that a try, the liquid I'm using is turning my street blue.
Scott, this are my track cleaners. The two left hand are made of very robust felt and frequent used. the two on the right hand are used in exceptional situations only. They make scratches on the track head that will collect the next generation of dirt.
[Image: file_zps2a1dc2dd.jpg]

Painkiller, thanks for the friendly word.
I have been in Vernon/LA warehouse district two years ago and did a series of photos intended for use on my layout. They are not "beautiful" but might be useful for details etc.
http://s966.photobucket.com/user/faraway...t=3&page=1
Reinhard
I got the BLMA yard office building for my upcoming J-Yard. BLMA has a fine standing and the price matched that standing....
The assembled building arrived an hour ago.... make your own decision

[Image: file_zpsbbc4a186.jpg]
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:A summary photo of my brick buildings constructed during the last two years..... bye bye brick...... Sad

Can you imagine how many square foot of buildings I had stored under, behind and everywhere in my small home office/layout room? It was a brutal requirement to do a clean cut!
Nothing to regret. I had hundreds of wonderful hours constructing and assembling the buildings. They fulfilled their purpose of a hobby excellent Smile

[Image: file_zpsee2b33b0.jpg]

You're saying bye bye brick. Is that it? never to return, or are you keeping it for future plans? Otherwise perhaps there's some stuff I could use Wink Wink Wink LOL!

You're newest direction of LA UP industrial railroading looks great,I'm feeling it:-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Koos, never say never :-) However all those brick walls went to the waste the next day. I am currently very happy with my SoCal layout. Got some parts for a new J-Yard. Nice work for the next week. It is very unlikely to do mayor changes to the layout this year.
Did install older ESU Loksound 3.5 in some UPY GP15-1. We will see if I can stand the noise this time better than three years ago.

Intermountain announced the Paducah GP10 and "plan" to ship December (may be 2013?). That might be a reason to model a run down class III railroad somewhere at the country side with a small town and local industry served twice a week with an old patched and/or lousy painted GP10.... How about freelance 2014 Wink
Reinhard
J-Yard got a boost of work. The elements have been arranged deviating from the prototype to fit on the space available. I am very sceptic how long the antenna will survive when the 0-5-0 is uncoupling.... :?:
(the guard rail has been repaired)
[Image: file_zps128495ff.jpg]
[Image: file_zpscbe9fa11.jpg]
[Image: file_zps6f532524.jpg]
[Image: file_zps07c32251.jpg]

The BLMA yard building is a very simple structure without any details but with a nasty plastic finish. It think BLMA could have done better for the price. The electric cabinet and the antenna towers kits made of etched metal are great BLMA products.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:...
(the guard rail has been repaired)
[Image: file_zps128495ff.jpg]
Why? I think it's good looking also in a slight destroyed condition.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
modelsof1900 Wrote:...
Why? I think it's good looking also in a slight destroyed condition.

I am sorry, you are right. The prototype is damaged (and not white painted) Thumbsup I will correct that mistake 357
[Image: Bildschirmfoto2013-04-19um225649_zps9597a030.jpg]

some minutes later.....

the paint is still wet
[Image: file_zpsa06a1acf.jpg]
Reinhard
I like the yard office and tall antenna a lot! Like you, however, I can imagine myself knocking it over with my hands. It's a nice looking addition to the scene though!
faraway Wrote:Intermountain announced the Paducah GP10 and "plan" to ship December (may be 2013?). That might be a reason to model a run down class III railroad somewhere at the country side with a small town and local industry served twice a week with an old patched and/or lousy painted GP10.... How about freelance 2014 Wink
Well this layout is looking GREAT! BUT - you'd sure have a lot of potential prototypes to chose from that used hand me down Paducah GP10's for motive power. The MidSouth paint scheme shown on Intermountain's news release is a great example. Since your layout is proto-freelance (like mine) you could make up your own road name and paint scheme.

I'd better quit while I'm ahead or the next photos we see will be your layout being demolished!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
FCIN Wrote:... I'd better quit while I'm ahead or the next photos we see will be your layout being demolished!

No, not this time Smile
See yourself, it's still the J-yard
(photos updated)
[Image: file_zpsfb5d1a31.jpg]
[Image: file_zps8735c6f4.jpg]
[Image: file_zps523a1496.jpg]
[Image: file_zps88875b8e.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,That BLMA yard office is in my opinion a great modern yard office.I have one and will use it as the General office of SCR at Slate Creek Industrial park.

The SCR office has indoor plumbing so,I won't be buying BLMA porty pots. 357
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:... The SCR office has indoor plumbing so,I won't be buying BLMA porty pots. 357
Larry, it's the prototype Big Grin Have a look with Google Streetview ( http://goo.gl/maps/AEkMq ), and I saw it two years ago with my own eyes. May be the indoor plumbing is permanent defect?

The little building from BLMA is nice and the overall dimensions and shape are perfect. But some more details and a better finish than shiny plastic should be possible from BLMA. I was a little bit disappointed. Mine is painted and got some details.

ps. Do yard offices usually have vending machines inside (Coke, snacks etc.)?
Reinhard
ps. Do yard offices usually have vending machines inside (Coke, snacks etc.)?
----------------------------------------
Some of the larger yard offices do for the office staff..Smaller offices may use a refrigerator

As a added treat..Vending machines can be found in one of the most less modeled yard buildings..The break/lunch room for the yard crew and carmen.This building has employee lockers,vending machines,long lunch tables and rest rooms.Most have a company phone that the conductor could call the yardmaster.

Back to BLMA porty potty..I thought about using two(his/hers) but,decided to use indoor plumbing.The only office inside is the general manager's small office..The small office staff uses cubical work areas.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!