Does anyone know when the Mayan Apocalypse is happening?
Well, you know what we all have to do now? Gotta invent a new doomsday legend, otherwise the History Channel won't have any good programming on some random day of the year.

I say we make up some new stone tablet, bury it in a mountain some place and not "discover" it for another 30-50 years. In the meantime we can build up the hype with vague annecdotes and other silly stories that will make the newly discovered doomsday that much more plausible to our future acquaintances.

With small investments of silliness here and now, we can get maximum return on insanity in the future!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJfMm5qsATYA06RnZjC1B...BEv40XgA0U]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
2 possibilities:

1 - We slept through it Smile Smile

2 - they were off by as much as a year.. so we still have to "worry" until next December Eek

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

I already saw a joke somewhere.....

The Mayans would have finished the calendar if the Spanish hadn't invaded them!!! Goldth Goldth Nope
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:2 possibilities:

1 - We slept through it Smile Smile

2 - they were off by as much as a year.. so we still have to "worry" until next December Eek

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol

I already saw a joke somewhere.....

The Mayans would have finished the calendar if the Spanish hadn't invaded them!!! Goldth Goldth Nope

I told someone that the Calendar Construction Agency (CCA) in the Mayan administration probably lost its funding because of some fiscal cliff thing. Those that worked there were probably put on administrative leave at full pay and just never wanted to go back to work after funding was restored. It seems that they continued getting paid for doing nothing so they never went back to finish the job. Nope Misngth

BTW, if their calendar was off, it was because they didn't have any leap years, meaning that the end should have been decades ago.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
The show Beyond the Fringe (early 60s) had an end-of-the-world sketch that ended:

It was Greenwich mean time, wasn't it?

Well, same time next week? We must get it right one of these days.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I think that the apocalypse was cancelled due to lack of interest.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
The world was suppose to end?.......Again?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:The world was suppose to end?.......Again?
Don't worry, We can build our layouts in the other world too!
Reinhard
I don't know about anyone else, but I want my money back. I had bought tickets for the front row and was sorely disappointing.
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
On second thought - - - - Didn't the "Mayan" Apocalypse happen some centuries ago?
I haven't seen any ancient Mayans around town - - - - ever! :o Big Grin Big Grin

I did, however, see an ancient mi-ne floating in the Mediterranean Sea, on one 6th Fleet deployment.

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Oh yes... I did go there ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Maybe someone forgot to carry the three.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I wasn't worried one bit since no man knows when the end will come..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
It;ll come when we finish paying off our bills. The banks have the deed to the end of the world.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:It;ll come when we finish paying off our bills. The banks have the deed to the end of the world.

That's one reason we either move or refi. The banks won't let the world end as long as we owe on our mortgage,Nope so not to worry, it won't happen for a long time. Even when a bank goes under, we always wind up owing the money to someone new... :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I had a cat named Maya , many years ago . Does that count ? 357
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
ezdays Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:It;ll come when we finish paying off our bills. The banks have the deed to the end of the world.

That's one reason we either move or refi. The banks won't let the world end as long as we owe on our mortgage,Nope so not to worry, it won't happen for a long time. Even when a bank goes under, we always wind up owing the money to someone new... :?

I knew there was a deeper reason for re-financing, than just replacing my vehicle! $*$%$^%(%%#!!
My one chance at destroying the world, and I blew it by re-financing!!!! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!