Does anyone know when the Mayan Apocalypse is happening?
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:That's one reason we either move or refi. The banks won't let the world end as long as we owe on our mortgage,Nope so not to worry, it won't happen for a long time. Even when a bank goes under, we always wind up owing the money to someone new... :?

I knew there was a deeper reason for re-financing, than just replacing my vehicle! $*$%$^%(%%#!!
My one chance at destroying the world, and I blew it by re-financing!!!! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357 357 357

I guess I carried us through by doing a refi last year, now you've taken us past that. You should be proud that you were able to save the world so that the government can continue to spend what little we have left....... Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
After what the Bush Administration left us, that would be about 5 cents.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:After what the Bush Administration left us, that would be about 5 cents.

You would think that all the money they spend they would've bought a better excuse to invade iraq
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Sumpter250 Wrote:On second thought - - - - Didn't the "Mayan" Apocalypse happen some centuries ago?
I haven't seen any ancient Mayans around town - - - - ever! :o Big Grin Big Grin

I did, however, see an ancient mi-ne floating in the Mediterranean Sea, on one 6th Fleet deployment.

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Oh yes... I did go there ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wasn't there a Mayan in The Village People.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:Wasn't there a Mayan in The Village People.

No, I think that was a Junean or a Julyan... 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
tomustang Wrote:
Mike Kieran Wrote:After what the Bush Administration left us, that would be about 5 cents.

You would think that all the money they spend they would've bought a better excuse to invade Iraq

I think that the invasion orders were a typo. I think that they meant to end the ira with an n.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

ezdays Wrote:You should be proud that you were able to save the world so that the government can continue to spend what little we have left....... Wallbang

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Cheers Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I am! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Was there ever any doubt it wouldn't happen---Happy New Year Everyone

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/540224_10152368885530010_508420084_n.jpg">http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 0084_n.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Love the link CNnutbar. Icon_lol
cn nutbar Wrote:Was there ever any doubt it wouldn't happen---Happy New Year Everyone

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/540224_10152368885530010_508420084_n.jpg">http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 0084_n.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Well, it happened all right, it just wasn't as bad as some people thought. There was this ball that dropped around midnight in New York, and a bridge looked it it was blowing up in Sydney and massive explosions in China and Paris. There were a few shots fired and some bombs going off around the same time, probably by people defending themselves from the zombies.

Similar things were happening all over the world last night, a bit late, but then again, no one said the Mayan calendar was accurate. Nope It was probably too little, too late, but then I suppose we can look for the same to happen about the same time next year and for a lot more years after that. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK The world did not come to a destructive end as the "nitwits of media" were so desperately hoping for, and trying to force, by hyping every insane thing that was being caused by the "nitwits of media", and their "prophesies of doom".

A baktun (properly b'ak'tun, English pronunciation: /ˈbɑk ˌtun/[1], Mayan pronunciation: [ɓakʼ ˈtun]) is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days, equal to 394.26 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current baktun started on 13.0.0.0.0 — December 21, 2012

The Mayan calendar is, in fact extremely accurate with respect to celestial events. It was simply being horribly misused by a bunch of wretched fear mongers, who we laughingly refer to as "the media".

P.S. "nitwits of media" is the polite translation of @*%#&!% $)(^&! !## (%^^*$@ %^&* )(!@^%# certified morons

The frightening thing is, they almost got away with it!
The sad thing is, there were a lot of suicides, and murders, that I am sure were triggered by the fear all the hype was creating.
The hope is, maybe we'll have some peace for a bit, until the "nitwits of media" strike again!

P.P.S. Oh nit.....wiiiiiiits.....look over your shoulder,- - - - - - -I'm walking behind you Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted and I'm not going out to chop wood Icon_twisted Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Now you just have to survive the Doomsday Asteroid Scenario, The Yellowstone Scenario and the Mega-Tsunami Scenario...oh, yeah...and the plague. Big Grin
Zombies???
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
We still have another Ronald Weinland's jesus prediction to come true, he has his third and final try, may 19 Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
If you find that one of your neighbours believes in an imminent apocalypse, you can offer to take his goods off his hands. If you are a good neighbour, you will give it back to him after it doesn't happen.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.